Can Someone Spy on My Phone Without Touching It Actually?Posted on 12th August 2021
Usually, you lock the screen of your phone when you leave it somewhere. Still, you may be wondering: “Can someone spy on my phone without touching it?”. Unfortunately, yes. This is not simple, but there are some ways to do it. Luckily, there is no need to get upset, as you can do a few things to protect your phone better.
How Do People Hack Phones Remotely?
It goes without saying that the best way to start spying on your performance is to install relevant apps on your Device from the app store. However, there are a few threats that you should be aware of. First, the phone may be hacked by other means:
- Jailbreaking. If you are eager to install some third-party app on iOS Devices, you have to jailbreak it. As a result, you open your phone to numerous risks.
- Suspicious email. It is all the same for computers. You also should not open suspicious attachments and follow external links on the phone as it is very dangerous for your safety.
- No-Jailbreak apps. Only a few apps do not require jailbreaking since they can spy on you by entering your iCloud updates.
- Compromised apps. The app store did not vet these apps; hence, they put you at the risk of spying.
Of course, this all sounds quite unpleasant, but do you need to worry about your safety? These signs will help you understand whether your phone was hacked so that you will not have to worry all the time.
Signs that Say Someone is Spying You on the Phone
Look at the list of warning signs that will say if your phone has been hacked and any software is monitoring it right at the moment:
Abnormal data usage
Probably you are aware of the amount of mobile data that you are using every month. Hence, if you notice something unusual, it may say about spying on your phone. In this case, the hackers usually use the network to send the information collected on you.
Strange activity on other accounts
As mentioned before, your iCloud account is a perfect option to start spying on you on the phone. Actually, this is what numerous applications do. Still, you can understand it even if unusual logins on Facebook and other suchlike platforms occur.
It is not about disabling AdBlock or stuff like that. Once you start getting fake virus alerts and other push notifications, it may sign that your Device was infected by adware. In this case, you are annoyed with phishing attempts and suffer from risks for your security.
Phone starts to work slower
It is not strange in case your device is slow and filled with numerous applications. But if not, then you should start worrying. You see, spy apps are using the share of overall processing power to track you. The same works for random reboots. Frequent unexpected reboots may signal to hack the phone.
Your emails are blocked
If your co-workers, friends, or relatives have missed the letter from you, it may be found in the spam folder. Unfortunately, this means that some malware is working on your device. It interferes with its work and how the correspondence is sent.
Of course, this sign is difficult to notice as people shut down phones rarely these days. Still, if you understand that it takes some time and shutdowns are longer, you can say that spy apps are installed on your device. So check this a few times to understand whether you are right or not.
Device wakes up suddenly
For example, you leave your device on the table, and it goes into standby mode, locking the screen. Then, a minute later, all of a sudden, you see that the phone lights up. If there are no new messages, incoming calls, push notifications, or anything like this, it should make you suspicious. Perhaps, somebody has hacked your phone.
Strange noises during the calls
Modern technologies allow you to stay away from distant voices and random sounds while talking on the phone. But if you keep hearing it, and it doesn’t seem to be just background noise, someone may be tapping all your calls and be aware of everything you say.
First of all, almost nobody is texting these days. Still, if you are receiving messages containing weird texts that are not similar to ordinary ad messages with strange symbols, then a spy app is controlling your device.
Do you remember how your device causes interference with close-by electronics while you are speaking over the phone? Of course, it should not be like that when you are not on a call. However, such situations may signal to send the information about you via a listening app.
Unexpected battery drainage
If you notice that the device battery began to drain quicker than usual and no particular reason exists, then spy apps may be installed on your phone. You see, such applications usually require a lot of energy to operate well. For instance, if they are recording the audio, they may need even more. Of course, the reason may be that the battery is just getting old, but it is better to check it with the help of another device.
Battery heats up
Usually, the phone should not heat up while idle until you have one of the models with an exploding disaster battery. Then, of course, it may happen once or twice due to the app going awry. However, if it happens regularly, then you should be more attentive and make sure that no spy app is installed.
How to Delete Spy Software on Android Phone?
Let’s imagine that you have understood that your phone has been hacked. It means that you may be wondering how to remove spy software and prevent the third party from spying on you on the phone. This is what you can do in case you are an owner of an Android smartphone.
Checking for the applications:
One of the ways to spy on your phone is using the relevant apps, as was discussed before. A spy app may be installed on your device with a name like “monitor,” or “spy,” etc. Here’s what you can do:
- Go to Settings;
- Select the “Applications”;
- Find “Running Services” or “Manage Applications”;
- Check for fishy apps.
If you come across some suspicious app but are not sure whether it is dangerous or not, just Google it. If your fears came true, and the application has a spy name, then just delete it. Another way to check everything is to go rooting through file directories and sections to pick up one that has some suspicion in the title. Here is what you should do:
- Find “My files” or a similar application on your Device;
- Enter internal storage (SD or phone);
- Select Android;
- Select data;
- Look around to see whether there are folders with suspicious names.
How to Delete Spy Software on iPhone?
No-Jailbreak applications depend on what stuff you upload on your iCloud. Changing your iCloud password is the simplest thing that you can do to fix the problems. As for real spying, the phone must be jailbroken. However, even in this case, there should be a third-party installer. Look around and check whether there are applications like Icy or Cydia. If yes, then your phone was jailbroken. Keep calm, as you need only a few seconds to solve the problem. Update the current iOS version to the latest one via iTunes.
Resetting the Phone to Factory Settings
One of the most effective options to delete spy apps is resetting to factory settings. This way, you will delete everything (contacts, settings, media, apps, etc.). Ensure that you have imported all important information to another device before performing a factory reset.
Factory reset on Android
Owners of Android should take these steps:
- Ensure that your device is on the cable or well-charged.
- Go to the “Settings” menu: swipe down the main screen and choose the appropriate button.
- Press “System.”
- Press “Advanced.”
- Switch “Reset Options.”
- Select “Erase all information.”
- Enter PIN.
- Tag “Erase all data.”
- Wait and watch.
Factory reset on iPhone
In case you use iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Setting.
- Choose General.
- Tag Reset.
- The system will ask whether you want to update the version in case you have an iCloud backup. Press “Back up, then erase.”
- You will be asked to enter a passcode if you set it.
- You will see the warning window. Tap the Erase iPhone option in it.
- Write Apple ID password.
- Watch and wait until the phone is reset.
Of course, this is the most extreme option to get rid of spy software. Still, are there ways to protect yourself?
How to Protect Your Device from Hacking?
If you want to protect your phone from third parties, mind these tips:
- Update the phone constantly. You should use the last version of the system and all installed applications to avoid a security gap.
- Surf the Net smartly. Do not follow suspicious links and open attachments only if you know who they are from for sure.
- Use a VPN service. A trustworthy VPN like VeePN will keep your Device safe and will not let any third parties penetrate your system.
- Don’t install third-party apps. Instead, you are recommended to choose the applications from official stores despite using an iOS or Android phone. This way, you will prevent enabling unsupported applications and putting yourself at risk.
- Don’t leave the device unattended. Always lock the smartphone screen and avoid leaving it in an unsafe place. Acting like this, you will decrease the chances your phone will be hacked.
At first sight, this list may seem to be not very long and contain too ordinary tips, but in fact, this is a big step to boost your phone’s security and feel more confident.
Summing – up
Can someone spy on my phone without touching it? Now you know that it is possible. There are even definite signs that can help you understand that your device is being spied upon. Luckily, there are steps that you can take to secure your phone. One thing you can do right now – download and install VeePN on your device and enjoy online freedom smartly!