How to Use a VPN on Amazon Fire Stick [A Guide for VeePN Users]
Struggling to find a VPN that works with Firestick? We know just the tool to help you get the most out of this media streaming device, avoid buffering, get great speeds, and keep your viewing habits private. In this article, we’ll get into how to set up a reliable VPN on your Amazon Fire Stick in no time and stress-free….
Struggling to find a VPN that works with Firestick? We know just the tool to help you get the most out of this media streaming device, avoid buffering, get great speeds, and keep your viewing habits private. In this article, we’ll get into how to set up a reliable VPN on your Amazon Fire Stick in no time and stress-free. Let’s get started!
VPN for Firestick: Works or not?
Yes, that’s rather an odd question to ask, given the topic. But in reality, not all VPNs work with Firestick — although most premium VPNs do. You’ll most likely come across a smaller selection of VPN apps with a first-generation Fire TV Stick as they aren’t compatible with older hardware. You can check if you have an original Fire Stick by looking at your remote control:
Anyway, the following Fire TV Stick models can run VPN apps in the Amazon Appstore, as well as apps from the Android Application Package: Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation), Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation), Fire TV Cube (1st Generation), Fire TV (3rd Generation Pendant Design), and Fire TV Stick 4K. If you own an older model but want to enjoy lag-free and limitless streaming nonetheless, don’t lose hope just yet. Stay tuned for a feasible option we’ve got to offer (small hint: get your router ready!)
VPN that works with Fire Stick: Here comes VeePN
Fire Sticks work with a lot of VPNs. A lot. Having a hard time choosing a specific one? Or perhaps you’re looking for THE VPN service you can run on Amazon Fire Stick? Test-drive VeePN and see for yourself all the benefits a good VPN has to offer. VeePN works with Fire TV Stick and other devices with no heavy thinking on your part. But enough chit-chat. Let’s get to details. What do you get with the app?
- Anonymous online identity. Get a new IP address after connecting to one of VeePN’s 2,500+ servers in 89 locations across 60 countries in just a few clicks
- Improved streaming experience. All thanks to a new IP, industry-leading VPN protocols, like WireGuard®, that focus on providing max speeds, as well no speed and bandwidth caps
- Private browsing. Keep your data safe with the strongest protection by the next-gen AES-256 encryption that is unbreakable against brute force attacks
- Greater selection of content. Connect to a needed server to get the most out of streaming world with a seamless and secure connection
- Robust data protection. VeePN follows a strict No Logs policy — it doesn’t log and store your personal information. After all, what you do online is your business
- Protection for all your devices. Connect up to 10 devices with a single subscription and keep all of them safe simultaneously without compromising your online security and privacy. Besides, if you install VeePN on your router, it will secure every device on your network using up only a single slot out of the 10 available. So, how many devices does a single VeePN account secure? As many as you need!
So, with these gems, you get a buffer-free, private, and limitless streaming experience with no Internet throttling and digital snoopers on your trail. A movie night has never been more perfect!
Disclaimer: VeePN does not promote, condone, or encourage using a VPN in ways that would potentially violate Terms of Service of streaming service providers. For more details, please read the VeePN Terms of Service.
VeePN for Amazon Fire Stick TV: Setup guide
Getting the VPN set up and running is easier than you think. If you pick a trustworthy Amazon Fire Stick VPNs provider like VeePN, the setup process is plain as day. The most simple way to install a VPN on your Fire Stick is by downloading the app through the Fire TV Appstore. The steps below make sure you get to install a VPN in no time, with VeePN taken as an example:
- Sign up with VeePN.
- Go to the Home screen on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Go to Find (if your device still has the old interface, use the search facility in the main menu instead).
- Select Search and type in “VeePN” — you’ll then see its name within the Amazon Appstore.
- Select VeePN and install it. Tap Download. It’s also better to leave the current screen open until the download is complete.
- Once the VPN is downloaded, the button will change to Open. Select it with your remote control. You should see VeePN’s login screen shortly after.
- Enter your login credentials. If you use VeePN on other devices, the app will automatically detect a new platform added. Amazon Fire TV Stick will count as one of 10 simultaneous connections allowed by VeePN.
- The first time you select a country, you’ll be asked permission to configure the VPN connection. Tap “OK.”
Note: By default, some VPNs require you to start the VPN manually every time you switch on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. However, the case is different with VeePN. You can go to the “Settings” and choose to have the VPN launch automatically when your Stick is turned on.
- Then you’ll see a large Connect button in the center of your screen. Click it and you’re all set
- To return to the Fire TV’s main menu, tap the Home button on your remote. Now launch whichever streaming app you want and binge-watch your favorite shows!
Seems easy enough, right? But what if this option doesn’t work for you for some reason? Let’s check out other ways to set up a VPN for Fire TV Stick, then.
Other ways to install a VPN for Firestick
If you’re willing to do some extra legwork, these two options of installing a VPN service with the Fire TV may be just for you.
Set up a VPN on your router
Installing a router VPN benefits you in two major ways. First, you can use it on devices that don’t directly support setting up VPNs. Second, you can get the most out of all VPN benefits on multiple devices with only one connection. Although this option one may seem a bit tedious, the result is worth it. Check out how to install VeePN on your router in this guide.
Download a VPN via the Android App Store
Another way is to find the Android .apk file for the app and side-load it onto the Fire TV Stick. Here’s how to do it step-by-step:
- Download a VPN service from the store
- Go to “Settings” on your Fire Stick
- Click “My Fire TV”
- Tap “Developer Options”
- Search for the Downloader app
- Click “Download”
- Allow access and click “OK”
- Enter the URL of your APK installer
- Tap “Go”
- Click “Install”
- Sign in to your Fire TV and the app will activate
- Turn on the VPN and connect to a needed server
Also, no matter the setup option you went for, you can always check if your VPN connection is working by doing the following:
- Click on the Downloader app on your Fire Stick.
- Select Home.
- In the address bar, type http://whatismyip.com.
- Click “Go.”
- Compare the address you see on the screen to your Fire TV Stick’s real IP address. If they are not the same, then your VPN is up and running!
So there’s that. Test-drive VeePN and get yourself a trustworthy VPN for Fire Stick in no time! In the meantime, check out some of the great Amazon Fire TV apps your Fire Stick has to offer and stream favorite content with no lags and restrictions in your way. It’s that easy.
Can I install VPN on Amazon Fire Stick?
Sure thing! You can do it via three main options: downloading the app through the Fire TV Appstore, installing a router VPN, and downloading an Android Package Kit (.apk) file. Learn more in this article.
What is a VPN for Firestick?
This is Firestick-compatible VPN app that you can download through the Fire TV Appstore. VeePN is one such service. Find out how to install it for your Firestick in this article.