Anywhere Access: Where and How to Stream the 2024 Olympic Games
If you’re a passionate sports fan, you definitely don’t want to miss the upcoming 2024 Paris Olympics. The good news is that such a major event will air on multiple TV channels and live-streaming platforms in almost every country. And the bad news? Well, watching the Summer Games online may still be challenging in some locations. Besides, you may face particular security and privacy challenges when streaming it. There’s a solution to those problems, though! Keep reading to learn where to watch the Olympic Games 2024 without online safety and connection issues.
How to stream the Olympic Games securely. A quick guide
If you don’t have time to go through the entire article, here’s your quick guide on how to access and watch the Olympic Games online safely wherever you go.
- Pick a reliable VPN service like VeePN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open VeePN and connect to the desired server to change your virtual location.
- Turn the VPN on.
- You’re all set! Access the Olympics on one of the platforms airing the competition and enjoy your smooth streaming experience.
Now, let’s dive deeper into the future Summer Olympic Games. Here are all the key dates and other crucial details regarding the event.
Key dates and facts about the 2024 Olympic Games
Let’s kick off with the essential information about the forthcoming Olympic Games.
|WATCH THE OLYMPIC GAMES 2024
|Dates: Friday, July 26, 2024 – Saturday, July 27, 2024
|Location: Paris, France
|Watch in the US: Peacock, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and more
Watch in the UK: BBC iPlayer
Watch in Canada: CBC Gem, Sportsnet, TSN
Watch in Australia: 9Now, Stan
Watch in New Zealand: TVNZ Plus
|Watch securely and lag-free: Get VeePN for a smooth streaming experience
The Summer Olympic Games will take place in Paris, France. The opening ceremony will occur on Friday, July 26, 2024, at the Jardins du Trocadéro. But the competition itself begins two days before that – on Saturday, July 27, 2024. The Games will last for two weeks, covering 20 to 40 events daily. The closing ceremony will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2024, which is also the last competition day.
Summer Olympics 2024: A brief overview
Athletes from over 100 countries will compete in nearly 50 sports categories, which include swimming, cycling, athletics, archery, boxing, surfing, football, water polo, and more. Apart from classic competitions, some exciting additions to the future Summer Olympics include sports climbing, skateboarding, and even breakdancing.
While most events will take place in Paris, some other locations across France are also included, from Marseille and Lyon to Taiarapu-Ouest in Tahiti, French Polynesia, where the surfing competition will occur.
Right now, it may seem like there’s still a lot of time to prepare for the most anticipated sporting event of the year. But if you’re going to watch the events online, it may be the perfect time to save on subscription fees and get the best annual deal. Without further ado, let’s jump into the possible Olympic Games streaming options in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and more.
Where to watch the Olympic Games online in the US
In the US, the 2024 Paris Olympics will air on multiple TV channels, including USA, E!, and NBC. Other possible options include cable TV alternatives like Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV. Finally, the complete Olympics coverage will be on the Peacock streaming platform. Here are some details.
The American networks that will broadcast the 2024 Olympic Games are USA, E!, CNBC, the Golf Channel, NBC, NBC Sports, and Telemundo. You can access these channels in the US with a paid cable or satellite TV subscription.
Live TV streaming platforms
As an alternative to cable TV, you can access the Olympic Games and other sporting events via the following live TV streaming services:
- DirecTV Stream. $79.99/mo, 5-day free trial, 150+ channels
- Fubo. $74.99/mo, 7-day free trial, 220+ channels
- Hulu with Live TV. $69.99/mo, no free trial, 85+ channels
- Sling TV. $40/mo, no free trial, 40+ channels
- YouTube TV. $72.99/mo, no free trial, 100+ channels
American fans can also stream the Olympic Games online on Peacock. This service provides the most extensive coverage of the competition, with access to every single event. The ad-supported subscription plan will cost you $5.99 per month, while the Premium and Premium Plus plans come for $11.99 per month.
Apart from the Olympic Games, Peacock has an extensive on-demand library, from Chucky and Law and Order to The Office US and House M.D., remaining a worthy alternative to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, and other streaming giants.
Where to watch the Olympic Games online in the UK
Now, let’s figure out how to watch the Olympic Games if you reside in the UK.
BBC and BBC Sport, and BBC iPlayer
UK-based viewers can access the 2024 Olympics on BBC channels, including BBC Sports. BBC iPlayer is the best Olympic Games free live streaming option in the UK. It will cover the major part of the competition. You can enter the platform with a paid cable or satellite TV subscription in the UK. BBC iPlayer comes with an impressive selection of various titles, from Killing Eve and Peaky Blinders to Luther and The Split.
Where to watch the Olympic Games online in Canada
In Canada, you will be able to watch the Olympic Games live on CBC, CBC Gem, Sportsnet, and TSN. Let’s take a closer look at these options.
CBC and CBC Gem
CBC is a Canadian cable TV and radio broadcaster that will provide access to most Olympic-related events in 2024. It will be possible to watch the desired competitions for free or by subscription on the channel’s streaming platform – CBC Gem. The ad-free plan comes for $4.99 per month. In addition to the Olympic Games, you can stream many British, American, and Canadian shows on CBC Gem, as well as sports, such as soccer, rugby, and hockey.
Sportsnet is another option for watching the 2024 Olympic Games in Canada. The CN Now subscription costs $14.99 per month or $149.99 per year. The service comes with a vast selection of sporting competitions, including NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, and soccer.
Canadian fans can also watch the Olympic Games live on TSN. The service comes for $19.99 monthly or $199.90 yearly. The TSN+ subscription covers NHL, CFL, NBA, MLS, golf, tennis, and more.
Where to watch the Olympic Games online in Australia
Viewers in Australia also have several options for streaming the 2024 Olympic Games live. Here are all the options available.
9Network and 9Now
9Network and its streaming service, 9Now, offer the entire Olympic Games coverage for free. To subscribe to the 9Now platform, you will only have to provide a valid Australian ZIP code and email address.
Apart from the Olympics, the 9Now service comes with tennis, golf, cricket, swimming, and more. Also, the platform offers a wide selection of various content, from reality shows like Love Island and Dance Moms to popular TV series like The Good Wife, Veronica Mars, and Young Sheldon.
Another option to stream the Olympics in Australia by subscription is Stan. The ad-free plan on this streaming platform costs $10/month with a 7-day free trial. Also, the service covers many other competitions, including tennis, golf, soccer, and motor racing.
Where to watch the Olympic Games online in New Zealand
Finally, let’s overview the Paris 2024 Olympics streaming options for viewers in New Zealand.
TVNZ and TVNZ Plus
The broadcaster of the upcoming Summer Olympics in New Zealand is TVNZ. You will be able to stream the major part of the event online on the free TVNZ Plus streaming platform. The service also comes with an extensive library full of popular content, such as Friends, The Office, Alone, Survivor, Emma, and more. Sports available on the platform include soccer, American football, basketball, hockey, tennis, rugby, and cricket.
The Olympic events that aren’t covered on TVNZ will be available on Sky Sports in New Zealand. The subscription comes for $19.99 per week or $39.99 per month with a 7-day free trial. Also, the platform offers access to numerous sports competitions, from rugby and cricket to cycling and motorsport.
Apart from the countries listed above, the upcoming Olympics will be available live in almost every region worldwide. But online access depends on the local copyright and distribution agreements. So it may be challenging to watch the desired events, especially while traveling. To avoid these issues and stream the Olympic Games without privacy and security concerns, consider using a reputable virtual private network (VPN) service.
How to choose a VPN to live stream the Olympic Games
A VPN alters your IP address and encrypts your Internet connection, securing your private information. This way, you can browse the web and stream the desired content with peace of mind, be it the Olympic Games or your beloved Netflix show.
Moreover, if you have trouble accessing content when traveling abroad, you can simply connect to a VPN server located in your home country and stream whatever you like. But note that not all VPN services are equally effective and secure. Pay attention to the following factors when choosing the solution for your needs.
- Streaming quality. To avoid connection problems when streaming the Olympic Games, make sure the chosen VPN service is powerful enough. Any VPN slightly reduces your connection speed due to the intensive data encryption process. But premium services like VeePN support WireGuard®, the fastest VPN protocol to date, making this slowdown nearly unnoticeable.
- Server network size. Prioritize VPNs that cover a vast network of servers in multiple locations. The more servers available, the more stable your connection will be. Also, this guarantees your Internet freedom, as you can choose any virtual location to overcome local limitations when necessary.
- Security and privacy features. Select a VPN service that comes with all the essential cybersecurity and privacy functions. These include Kill Switch (to avoid data leaks when the VPN connection fails), AES-256 encryption support, and an anti-monitoring solution like VeePN’s NetGuard. You may also get a VPN and Antivirus bundle to get an ultimate online security toolkit at once.
- Compatibility. Check whether your chosen VPN service supports all major devices and operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, and more. Some VPNs are also compatible with gaming consoles, streaming devices, and even Wi-Fi routers.
- No Logs policy. Reputable VPN services like VeePN follow a transparent No Logs policy. It means that the VPN doesn’t collect your personal information, such as connection and activity logs. In contrast, free VPNs often record your personal details and may even sell sensitive data to third parties.
- Customer support. A good VPN should come with several troubleshooting options, including 24/7 live chat, email support, and comprehensive guidelines on the website.
- Pricing plans. Finally, consider subscription plans offered by the chosen VPN provider. Prioritize services with flexible and affordable pricing options. Most paid services offer a free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee.
With that in mind, consider VeePN – a credible VPN service that ticks all the boxes. Here’s how to start using VeePN to watch the Olympic Games online hassle-free.
How to watch the Olympic Games with VeePN
Take the following simple steps to enhance your streaming experience and enjoy the Olympic Games with VeePN.
- Sign up for VeePN. Choose the preferred pricing plan and create your VeePN account.
- Download and install the app. You can use our VPN application on up to 10 devices with a single subscription. Simply choose the VPN for PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or any other device and download it from the official VeePN website.
- Connect to the most suitable server location. VeePN offers an extensive server network across 89 locations in 60 countries worldwide. Just pick the virtual location that suits you best and connect to it.
- Turn your VPN on. To run your VPN, click the big button at the center of your screen.
You’re all set! Enter the streaming service that covers the 2024 Olympics and watch the event without privacy challenges or annoying connection lags.
FAQ: Where to Watch the 2024 Olympic Games
You can watch the Paris 2024 Olympic Games on the TV channel or streaming service that covers the event in your particular region. The options vary depending on your location. For instance, US-based viewers can watch the Olympic Games on NBC Sports, the USA network, Peacock, and other platforms. Check out this article for more details.
In the US, you can watch the 2024 Olympic Games on USA, E!, CNBC, the Golf Channel, NBC, NBC Sports, and Telemundo. Streaming options include Peacock, YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, Fubo, Sling TV, and DIRECTV STREAM. But most of these services are unavailable outside the US. Read this article to learn more.
In the UK, the upcoming Summer Olympics will air on BBC and BBC Sport. Also, the competition will be available online for free on BBC iPlayer. For more information, read this article.
The 2024 Olympic Games will be held in France. While most of the events will take place in Paris, some competitions will occur in other locations, including Marseille, Lyon, Lille, and even Taiarapu-Ouest (Tahiti).