Guide on How to Access and Use ChatGPT Properly
Whether you’re struggling with generating unique product descriptions, creating exciting social media posts, or even writing code, ChatGPT can come to the rescue. This new AI-driven chatbot interacts with users in a conventional way and provides human-like answers to your queries. Sounds revolutionary? Indeed, this mind-blowing technology is already changing the way people perceive the creation of original content. However, it still has certain limitations to consider. And one of them is that you cannot access ChatGPT from any part of the world.
Read along to discover other pros and cons of this hefty AI tool and learn how to gain access to ChatGPT and use it properly wherever you are.
Why ChatGPT is going viral
Clearly, ChatGPT is experiencing skyrocketing success. Five days after the launch in November 2022, Greg Brockman, the Co-Founder of OpenAI, tweeted that ChatGPT crossed 1 million users.
Moreover, according to a recent Reuters report, OpenAI owners predict ChatGPT to reach nearly $1 billion in revenue by 2024.
But why does everyone keep talking about this new technology? That’s likely because it’s the first AI-based tool of this kind available to the public. When responding to users’ queries, ChatGPT doesn’t just provide a generic output. Instead, it gives answers that can easily be perceived as a chat with a real person. Besides, ChatGPT was trained on a massive amount of data so that you can ask it about almost anything. But it should be noted that not all of the bot’s answers are accurate still, since there are some gaps in its capabilities.
So is it worth using ChatGPT, and who can benefit from it? Let’s clear things up.
Should you use ChatGPT?
While millions of users are excited about ChatGPT, their reactions vary. Some value this AI solution for its creativity, convenience, and strong potential to cover various user needs. In particular, Elon Musk, one of the founders of the OpenAI startup, described ChatGPT as “scary good.”
However, many reported that ChatGPT is still unreliable and lacks capacity, especially when it comes to handling serious matters. In particular, Sam Altman, the CEO behind ChatGPT, warns that this AI-driven solution is “incredibly limited” and not suitable for anything really important, at least for now.
So, do the advantages of this AI chatbot outweigh its disadvantages? We’re about to find out.
Pros and cons of ChatGPT
Here are the most considerable benefits and drawbacks of using ChatGPT.
Pros of ChatGPT:
- It’s free and intuitive. Almost everyone can experiment with ChatGPT (apart from the citizens of several countries – more on that a bit later). OpenAI provides free access to this cool technology. However, there also is an individual plan ($20 per month) and pro version for business ($42 per month). Moreover, using ChatGPT is not rocket science – it will only take you a few easy steps to get started.
- It provides human-like responses. As mentioned above, ChatGPT doesn’t act as a common chatbot. You can keep the conversation with AI in a natural way, so it may seem you’re interacting with a real human. Unsurprisingly, many predict a great future for ChatGPT. Some even say it may become a real rival for Google and other search engines.
- It’s flexible and personalized. The answers provided by ChatGPT are tailored to your individual request. In other words, this AI tool doesn’t tend to repeat itself. However, the level of personalization also has its limits. For instance, ChatGPT may give the same answers if different users provide identical inputs.
- It’s suitable for different purposes. ChatGPT may cover various goals and needs. It can create any kind of text, from essays to program codes. Some of the most common use cases for ChatGPT are generating creative texts, writing product descriptions, getting ideas for social media posts and blog articles, resolving some coding issues, searching for specific information on different topics, and many more.
- It has significant growth potential. Despite particular limitations, ChatGPT has huge perspectives in different areas. Many believe that with this sophisticated tool, the AI revolution has finally begun. All in all, it looks like the sky’s the limit here.
Cons of ChatGPT:
- It’s not always accurate. Despite all the hype around, ChatGPT is not 100% efficient. While providing relevant answers to very complex questions, it can make some mistakes. The tool may even fail to resolve a simple riddle. Moreover, although ChatGPT is based on an extensive database, its knowledge is limited to its training year (2021). That is why the creators of ChatGPT still have quite a lot of work ahead.
- It doesn’t include sources. Unlike Google, ChatGPT doesn’t provide references to the sources of information, so you cannot directly verify the credibility of its answers. Many experts advise not to implicitly trust ChatGPT, so its output should be treated cautiously.
- It may produce wordy content. At first glance, ChatGPT may seem like a perfect tool for writing essays, marketing and promotional texts, emails, posts, and any other type of written content. However, although it’s really helpful, the text generated by a bot still needs to be revised by a human. It often overuses particular phrases and sometimes provides wordy or unnecessary sentences.
- It allows students to cheat. One of the most significant problems related to the use of ChatGPT was instantly reported by educators. The tool can help students generate essays, solve math problems, and do other kinds of homework effortlessly. Some even believe that AI chatbots like ChatGPT will threaten the entire education system.
- It may be used by cybercriminals. Remember we mentioned that the purposes of adopting ChatGPT vary? Well, in fact, it’s already clear that the tool can be used with malicious intent. With its help, hackers can create new types of malware, as well as generate phishing emails and spammy messages. On top of that, since ChatGPT is an open-source tool, malicious actors can use it to perform data thefts and cyber attacks.
Now that you’re aware of the positive and negative aspects of using ChatGPT, let’s learn how to create an OpenAI account and start your interactions with this AI-based tool.
Steps to start using ChatGPT
- Enter the OpenAI website and click on the Try button
- Choose the Sign up option to create a new account
- Fill out the form to create your account and click Continue
- On the main page, you will find a guide providing examples of how the bot works and explaining its capabilities and limitations
- Below, you will see a chat box. Type your question and click the send icon. ChatGPT will come up with an answer in less than a minute.
Here is an example question to ChatGPT and the bot’s response. You can leave your feedback regarding the relevance and helpfulness of this answer by clicking the like or dislike icon.
Now that you know how to start using ChatGPT, nothing can stop you from experimenting with you and your imagination. But what if you cannot access your OpenAI account in your current location? Let’s discuss where ChatGPT is unavailable and how to resolve this issue.
How to get access to ChatGPT when it’s unavailable?
Currently, ChatGPT is available in most parts of the world, with some rare exceptions. Here are eight countries where you cannot access ChatGPT:
The reasons for such geographical limitations are not always clear. But anyway, if you’re currently located in one of these countries, you won’t be able to use ChatGPT. Once you try to access it, you will see the following message: “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country.”
Luckily, if you need to regain your ChatGPT access if you’re visiting one of the countries listed above, there’s a way out. A VPN (virtual private network) will help you alter your IP address and spoof your actual location. Your traffic will be rerouted through a remote VPN server, allowing you to enhance your online freedom and access OpenAI services while traveling. Besides, a VPN encrypts your data, protecting you from potential threats and taking your cybersecurity to the next level.
VeePN doesn’t encourage using a VPN in any way that would potentially violate the Terms of Service of other platforms. For more details, please read the VeePN Terms of Service.
Here is how to start using a secure ChatGPT VPN.
How to use a VPN for Chat GPT
- Choose a reliable VPN service provider. We do not recommend using free VPNs, as they are often insecure and may compromise your privacy. It’s better to opt for a reputable service like VeePN that follows a transparent No Logs policy and doesn’t collect users’ private data.
- Select a pricing plan. Choose a subscription plan that suits your individual needs best.
- Download and install the VeePN app. You can choose a solution for your preferred device, whether Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android.
- Choose a VPN server. VeePN offers thousands of servers in different locations, so you can choose the one that suits you the most.
- Turn your VPN on. Now, you can open the OpenAI website and create a new account or log in to the existing one.
If you still cannot access ChatGPT with a VPN turned on, you can try one of the following methods to troubleshoot your VPN connection.
- Clear your browser data, including cookies and cache
- Switch to another VPN server
- Change your VPN protocol
- Try using ChatGPT in a private (incognito) mode with your VPN turned on
Access and use ChatGPT securely with VeePN
Looking for a reliable tool to enhance your privacy and access the desired content? Check out VeePN! It’s a trustworthy VPN service provider that empowers your device with multiple helpful security features and allows you to boost your Internet freedom. With VeePN, you can choose from over 2,500 servers across 89 locations in 60 countries worldwide. So you can try ChatGPT or another temporarily unavailable online platform or website trouble-free. Download VeePN today and take advantage of a 30-day money-back guarantee!
What is the purpose of VPN for ChatGPT?
There are several main reasons to use ChatGPT with a VPN.
- It protects your privacy. When you’re connected to a VPN, your traffic is encrypted while sending your requests to ChatGPT servers and receiving the chatbot’s answers. As a result, no one can steal your data along the way.
- It helps get around Internet limitations. ChatGPT is unavailable in several countries, including China, Iran, Egypt, and Russia. However, a VPN will help you access ChatGPT when visiting one of those countries. It will change your IP address, so you can enter your Open AI account and use ChatGPT trouble-free wherever you are.
Why is VeePN the best VPN for ChatGPT?
If you need to access and use ChatGPT securely, VeePN is your best bet. It’s a credible VPN service with available servers across 89 locations in 60 countries. Besides, VeePN is a feature-rich solution that will ensure your privacy, security, and data encryption. So your communication with ChatGPT will never be compromised by hackers, snoopers, and other third parties. Finally, VeePN follows a transparent No Logs policy, meaning it doesn’t collect and use your personal information. You can try VeePN now with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How do I access ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is available in most parts of the world. However, it’s inaccessible to users from several countries, including China, Egypt, Iran, Russia, Belarus, Venezuela, and Afghanistan. To access it when traveling to one of those countries, you can use a credible virtual private network (VPN) service like VeePN. It will spoof your IP address and help you get around Internet limitations.
How to use ChatGPT?
You can start using ChatGPT in a few simple steps:
- Open the OpenAI website and click Try
- Sign up to create a free account
- Fill out the form and click Continue
- You can start using ChatGPT now. Just type your request in the chat box at the bottom of the screen and click the Send icon
For more details on how to use ChatGPT and access it if it’s unavailable in your current location, read this article.
Will ChatGPT replace Google?
ChatGPT is not a search engine, so it cannot replace Google anytime soon. However, it may have a great impact on the future of the Internet and all the related technologies. ChatGPT can be very useful when it comes to searching for information within a particular context and giving a personalized output for your input. But this AI tool doesn’t provide access to a variety of web content, which is the primary purpose of Google and other search engines.
Is ChatGPT free?
Yes, ChatGPT is has a free version and accessible to everyone on the OpenAI website. However, there also is a ChatGPT Plus subscription plan that costs $20 per month and a pro version for businesses priced at $42 per month. If you just want to experiment with ChatGPT or use it for some personal goals, the free version will be more than enough.
Is ChatGPT safe to use?
In general, ChatGPT is safe whether you’re using it for learning, coding, or generating creative content. However, keep in mind that ChatGPT still has certain limitations and can provide inaccurate or misleading information. So it’s better not to use it when completing really important tasks. Besides, this new chatbot does pose certain cybersecurity risks. In particular, hackers can adopt ChatGPT to write malicious code, create dangerous malware, generate botnets, and come up with phishing emails to compromise users’ data. For more details, read our article.