Easy and efficient ways to wipe iPhonePosted on 26th February 2021
These days more and more people buy iPhones. They have an appealing design; they process information faster and can meet the desires of every demanding mobile phone user. If you have an iPhone or plan to buy one, this article will be of great use to you. Let’s imagine that you have got the desired device and have been using it for some time. Now you want to upgrade it and buy a new version. But what if you want to sell the old one? How should you act then?
The thing is that we keep all our personal information on our phones, and selling it to a stranger would be a mistake. You keep important codes, passwords, messages, and visual content on the Cloud, so before getting rid of your device, you need to know how to wipe the information easily and without risks. Let’s read the article to learn the secret tips and save yourself from indeliberate data leakage.
Easy ways to save your data before wiping it
Before you clean the information on your phone, you are supposed to back up the data. It is not an obligatory step. You can make a choice and either copies it or let it go. But if you decide to copy the data, this is an easy guide on how to do it.
- First of all, you need to open the settings and find your name. It is right at the upper end of the screen. When you tap on your name, you should see the iCloud link. Your best step would be to open the account or to sign if you haven’t done it yet.
- Now all you need is to scroll down the screen and find the iCloud Backup section. It is your destination for the following step. Now you should see the toggle. Move it and then confirm the action.
- When you agree to back up the information, make sure that you have a stable WiFi connection. Otherwise, you will fail to back up the data, or something can be wrong with the process. So, if you don’t want any technical issues to bother you, ensure a good Internet signal.
- If you are not fully satisfied with the result, you can move further and encrypt the data. For this purpose, you need a computer as well. Find iTunes and make sure your phone is well connected to the laptop or computer. There on the screen, you will see a small button featuring a phone icon. By tapping on the button, you will find the Encrypt iPhone Backup feature. Now all you need is to make up a password, and you are done. The data is encrypted.
One important thing to remember is that you need to synchronize your iCloud accounts. The system can’t move the data correctly when the devices correspond to different iCloud accounts. So, before managing the processes, make sure you have logged in to the correct iCloud accounts. You don’t need to back up all the data on your phone. You are free to choose from the list of options. You may either copy the messages or choose photos. The choice is yours.
Another essential remark relates to backing up phone calls. If you want to do so, it is necessary to make use of other software.
Essential steps to do before you get rid of the data on your iPhone
- Do you have additional Apple devices? If you use an Apple Watch, you need to unpair these two devices. You can find a detailed step-by-step guide on the Internet.
- Check if you have logged out of the Social Media accounts. You need to do it to secure your data and login information. Usually, these are Facebook or Gmail accounts.
- Don’t forget about iTunes, iCloud, and App Store. These are basic apps, and you need to pay special attention to them. It will ensure the safety of your data.
- Clean your browser. You shouldn’t forget about the passwords used on the Internet. If you don’t clean them, it may have negative effects on you in the future.
- Don’t leave your SIM card in the phone. People can take advantage of it, and you will regret that you haven’t removed it on time.
Let’s wipe the iPhone
Now we repeat the same action as we did when backing up the data. We go to the settings and open the General section. Then you need to tap the Reset button and erase the material stored on the phone. Now you can erase the information, but one more thing is required. You need to enter the password to prove that you are the right person.
But what if you don’t remember the Apple ID password? You won’t be able to wipe your phone and delete the necessary information? Let’s look closer at this issue.
The developers predicted that users could forget important data. So, even if you don’t remember the password, you still can delete the information. What you need to do is to open your account page and look for the corresponding button that can help you with the issue. One important thing is to connect your iPhone to the computer and repeat the same action with a small phone button. Now you need to find the Summary section. In this part, you should choose the Reset button. Now you are done!
But keep in mind that this way isn’t the most appropriate because not all the data can be erased. But you shouldn’t worry much about it. Only a qualified technician will receive access to the data. A regular user won’t be able to reach your data.