A Guide on How to Block Ads on Spotify EasilyPosted on 30th December 2021
Perhaps most people like listening to music, and today it is even easier than ever. You should go to the shop and look for a CD by your favorite singer or a band. Modern technologies give you access to online platforms, hence making things easier. Spotify is one such platform. It is extremely popular with people worldwide as it doesn’t make them purchase a Premium subscription. With a free membership, you can enjoy a rich collection of songs and podcasts. Still, it is not so great as it may seem to be at first glance. Being a free user means suffering from endless adverts. Some people say that it is similar to listening to the radio. If you do not want to hear ads every several songs, then you should find out how to block ads on Spotify and enjoy your favorite music.
Is It Possible to Block Ads on Spotify?
Not all people know that it is possible to block ads on Spotify and think that the only way is to pay for a premium subscription. But they are surely mistaken. If you have been one of them, then discover how you can block ads on Spotify and breathe with relief.
Android and iPhone
In case you usually use Spotify on your smartphone, then you can take advantage of special adblockers like SpotMute or Mutify. Any of these options will help you get rid of annoying adverts at last. As a result, you will be able to listen to favorite tracks or podcasts without any investment.
Android users can use Mutify. It is necessary:
- Download the app from Google Play Store.
- Open the settings menu by tapping the Cog.
- Scroll down and find the Device Broadcast Status option.
- Exit Spotify.
- Find Battery Optimization in the Settings.
If you are an iPhone owner, then keep an eye on the following steps:
- Go to the official website of StopAd
- Download and install the application.
- Launch StopAd and find Setting.
- Tap the application, choose Search app and finally run Spotify.
- Next to Spotify, you will see a checkbox.
- Click Add to filtering.
Windows and Mac
You also can easily block ads on Spotify while using it on Windows or Mac. Two main options include using the relevant application or modifying the host file on a computer. You should look through two instructions and decide which one seems to be more suitable for you.
Let’s start with EZBlocker. It is a simple tool that prevents adverts from loading while you are using Spotify. This app is known to be one of the most reliable ones. Moreover, EZBlocker will not affect other sounds except Spotify. This is a short tutorial on using the app to reach your primary goal:
- Find, download, and install EZBlocker to your PC. Make sure that it is compatible with your device OS.
- Let the app run on your PC after the installation.
- Find the checkbox. It is located near Start EZBlocker.
- Listen to your favorite songs on Spotify without any distractions.
Another way is hosting the file. Here’s how you can do it:
- Locate host files on PC.
- Mac users should type sudo nano/etc/hosts to open the host file in Terminal. Windows users need to go to the Hosts (Windows- System32-drivers-etc).
- Next, you should paste commands when the host file is opened.
- Save the file.
- Enjoy your favorite content on Spotify without any distractions
Spotify web player
Users of Spotify web players also can block ads. Here is what you should do:
- Pick up Spotify Ads Remover or SpotiShush in Chrome Web Store
- Install the extension by clicking “Add to Chrome”.
- Launch Spotify web player.
- Finally, you can enjoy using Spotify without irritating adverts.
As you can see, there is no need to pay for a premium subscription to use Spotify without any adverts. You may use any of the above-mentioned options to block ads on Spotify, depending on the operating system of your device. Make sure that you have installed a reliable VPN as well. This way, you can protect your personal data and enjoy the desired content without any geographical restrictions. With VeePN and a suitable ad blocker, your favorite singers and bands will be even closer to you than before.