Definition of Term “Router IP”
In the beginning, it is a good idea to be aware of the “router IP” term. Router’s IP is some kind of a gateway between your platforms and the Internet. Some people get used to calling it a “default gateway IP address.” All computers, smartphones, tablets are connected to the same network and transmit their requests to the router by default. Various platforms will define it variously. For example, Windows PCs will name it “default gateway,” but at the same time, iOS devices will save your router’s IP address as “router”.
The IP address of your routing device is significant because this address you’ll need to indicate into your browser to determine the webpage with setups of your routing device where you are capable of setting its various parameters.
Public and Local IP Address: Main Difference
A public Internet protocol address is the Internet protocol address of a device on the wider Internet. Usually, your device will be appointed a new IP address every time it joins the Internet. You can find various online means that assist you in determining public IP.
A local IP address is specified by your router to each platform connected to it. This local IP address is not shown to the wider internet and just operates within your local network. There are many routers that specify IP addresses beginning with 192.168.XXX.XXX. The methods below explain to you how to discover the local IP address of your router.
Find the router Internet Protocol Address (Windows)
As there are many devices with the help of which you are capable of determining the Internet protocol address of a router, let us proceed to the most common – via Windows.
- In your search bar, type “Control Panel” and choose the “Control Panel” symbol;
- Find the icon “Network and Internet” and choose “View network status and tasks” under it;
- Find “Connections” and choose your “Wi-Fi name” near it;
- When a new window appears, choose the option “Details”;
- Under the “IPv4 Default Gateway”, you are capable of determining a public Internet protocol address.
- In your search bar, type “CMD” and choose “Command Prompt”;
- Print “ipconfig”;
- Under “Default Gateway” you are capable of determining the Internet protocol address of your router.
Find the router IP address via Android
Just imagine: your task is to determine the Internet protocol address of a router quickly, and all you have at hand is your smartphone. Nevertheless, this small device can be useful in searching for your router’s IP. Here is a method of finding it on Android.
- Find “Settings” and choose “Network & Internet”;
- Choose the Wi-Fi icon. Choose the appropriate network you are connected to and press on it or choose its settings icon to control its settings;
- Choose the “Advanced” list. If it allows you alternatives for Static or Dynamic IPs, choose “Static”;
- Now under the “Gateway” icon, you can discover the IP address of your router.
Find the router IP address via Mac OS X
More people started to use Mac OS. It is convenient, safer, easier to use. Additionally, you are capable of discovering the Internet protocol address of your router via Mac OS X quickly.
Let’s see in detail the way of finding router IP via Mac OS.
- Find and choose the Apple icon at the screen`s top and move to “System Preferences”;
- Move to “Network”;
- Now you can find the Wi-Fi you are linked to on the left-hand side. Choose it and move to “Advanced”;
- Choose the “TCP/IP” icon. Under “Router,” you are capable of detecting the Internet protocol address of your router.
Find the router IP address via iPhone and iPad
Usually, people are divided into two groups: supporters of Android and supporters of iOS. They have one thing in common. You are capable of simply determining the Internet protocol address of a router via Android or iPad & iPhone. We have already determined the method via Android, so let’s now consider the method of finding router IP via iPhone and iPad.
- Move to “Settings” and choose Wi-Fi;
- Select the Wi-Fi you are linked to;
- Under the “Router” icon, you can see the Internet protocol address of your routing device.
Find the router IP address via Linux
There are many advantages to using Linux. One of them is that you can find your router IP without any problems.
- Select the “Network” item in the section of notifications;
- Choose the option “Connection Information” or “Network Settings”;
- Near the icon “Default Router” or “Gateway,” you can observe your IP address.
Find the router IP address via Chrome OS
If you are using Chrome OS, you are a lucky person because finding your IP address via Chrome OS is the easiest and fastest way.
- On the right side of your taskbar, choose the notification section;
- Choose the Wi-Fi you are linked to;
- Then a new window will appear. Select the “Network” icon. Now under “Gateway”, an Internet protocol address is observed.
If you intend to install your router or install a VPN on it, you will need to reach a web page of the setups of your router. Nevertheless, you cannot do this without identifying the Internet protocol address of a router. Identifying Internet protocol addresses has never been easier. And now you comprehend what and where to view if your intention is to discover the Internet protocol address of a router without problems. Additionally, it is possible to find the router’s IP on platforms we haven’t included in this article, too. You just need to have access to the network and 2-3 minutes of your time. Protect your data, and do not let others possess it.