Good tips to uninstall Chromium and related filesPosted on 31st August 2021
Chromium has a controversial reputation among users. On the one hand, individuals like wide opportunities in software customization. Thanks to its open-source origin, Google’s Chromium browser lets users turn on/off different settings. On the other hand, these opportunities in settings can hide a danger. This is a fact: Chromium’s mods may be malware.
If you experience any issue with this browser, then don’t ignore your problems. Find out more information about Chromium and its ridden rocks. Also, you can always uninstall this software, and we’ll show you how to make that happen.
Chromium: a browser or malware?
First of all, this is a browser. It was created by Google as open-source software. As a result, individuals have an opportunity to customize it. It means they are literally able to create their versions of the browser.
Due to the nature of this software, it has both advantages and disadvantages. The main benefit is customization of all features. The main disadvantage is a security issue. Chromium may have malicious spin-offs of the different types and forms. What is more important – these malware are able to influence your operating system and personal information. For instance, you can notice a slowing down in the speed of your OS. Also, you may experience seeing extra advertisements. In the worst cases, the browser may steal your personal data and install unwanted software on your PC.
That’s why it’s vitally important to clarify things in advance. You have to understand if your browser is a real Chromium or malware. Here are the main sights to pay attention to:
- You use another browser as a default, but now Chromium is your preferred option. Besides Chromium, it could be another software you don’t know or don’t remember installing.
- A Chromium process is always active in the task manager after you close it. There may be more than one active process as well.
- A hostile program can install additional mods to your gadget without your actions. It may do it alone or bundle with extra apps.
- You notice weird activities in your browser. A hostile plugin is capable not only of changing our homepage. It is also capable of redirecting you to suspicious websites, adding new tools to your toolbar, showing unusual pop-ups, and so on.
- You recognize weird activities in your system. If your OS works slowly without reason for that, then something is wrong. If you notice apps on your computer, you didn’t install, and then it’s even weirder.
- You can’t delete Chromium in a standard manner. Malicious apps do everything possible to protect their roots. As a result, the customer is unable to uninstall it using standard procedure or wizard. Even if you are succeeded and deleted software, its hidden files may still be on your computer.
Even one sign from this list is a red flag for users. You need to be careful and protect your gadgets from malware. You need a good and trustworthy antivirus. Also, protect your Internet traffic with VeePN to provide yourself with ultimate protection. But if you already have issues with Chromium, then it’s better to delete it immediately.
Easy steps to uninstall Chromium
The most simple way to get rid of your Chromium is to follow a standard procedure. First of all, you need to close all related processes and then make several clicks depending on your operating system.
For Windows 10 you need to click Start and then select Settings. Select Apps and click on the button “Apps and Features.” On the next page, click on the Chromium and delete it by using the Uninstall button. Sometimes users can’t find Apps settings, so they may click Start and select the Control Panel. Here you’ll see the sections “Programs” and uninstall Chromium.
In the final stage, check if this software is totally uninstalled. Click Win+R, type Chromium, and press enter. You should delete all folders and files with the title Chromium.
For MacOS you should press CMD+Space and search for Activity Monitor. Make sure to select all Chromium-related processes. In the end, click on the X button. Don’t forget to clean up your Trash and check if this app has any leftovers. Do it by using Finder, type a request “~/Library” to remove all Chromium-associated folders there.
It is also a possible situation when users are unable to uninstall Chromium. They use the standard approach and fail. If it happens, then you may try the following options:
- check your browser for unusual extensions. If you find some – delete all plugins. In addition, reset settings to default. Now you may try to uninstall Chromium by a classic scenario;
- use special software to uninstall Chromium. There are many specific tools. But you should prefer only reliable ones.
Don’t risk – keep your system safe
It shocks how malware can easily access our gadgets. But you don’t have time to worry. It’s better to protect your personal data and follow simple tips to prevent such unpleasant issues. The main rule is to be attentive and remove unwanted apps or software you didn’t install immediately. If you want to install the exact program, then download it using official websites only.
Experts also advise using high-quality antivirus, VPN, and anti-malware apps. Together they will detect unwanted software and notify you about the dangerous activity. If you keep these simple rules, you’ll level up your security level! Remember that your security is your priority. Keep in mind simple tips to feel calm and free.