The basic principles of how a VPN client app worksPosted on 1st September 2021
Regular VPN users experience great benefits from this software. They forget about many issues with Internet surfing, personal data security, easy access to websites with restrictions, etc. That’s why people who ignore such an app lose plenty of advantages in their online lives.
If you still don’t use a VPN for any reason, then you should rethink your decision. Find out more about a virtual private network and its advantages. You’ll definitely change your mind and start using it immediately.
A VPN client app: definition and types
A VPN client application is software that builds a connection between your gadget and a server to provide you with extra advantages of using the Internet. According to the particularities of your operating system, you can find a pre-installed app on your device. There are the main differences between these types of VPN clients:
- a native app is pre-installed on your gadget. Devices based on Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS usually have native VPNs, but sometimes there are no pre-installed virtual private network clients;
- third-party software is meant to be downloaded and installed by a customer. A user can select any app, try it, uninstall, choose another program before finding the best one. These clients may be developed by VPN service providers or VPN protocol. The first one is simpler, while the second option offers users extra opportunities.
As you can see, computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets have different VPNs compatible with their platforms. But native apps usually have a smaller array of features compared to third-party clients. Experts recommend trying professional apps with extended features and an intuitive interface. Such an approach allows them to access a feature to arrange servers by location, use auto-mode, different select protocols, and other advantages.
You should pay attention to VeePN. This is a well-known VPN with unlimited traffic, 50+ locations, 10 simultaneous connections, 2500+ available servers, strong 256-bit encryption, and numerous other important benefits. It can give you all reasons to enjoy a better experience of using the Internet.
Basic principles of VPN clients
The core of a VPN client is a VPN server. Long story short, your traffic goes through the server so it can encrypt your data. This is how this technology works:
- Your VPN client creates a contention to the exact VPN server.
- After a verification, both the app and the server exchange with public keys, which allows only to encrypt information.
- Your VPN client uses these keys and hides your data. It helps to make your information safe and secure from possible malware and hackers’ attacks.
- Your data travels to the VPN server that relies on its key to make it functional. Note that all these steps take several seconds.
- Now, the server makes its job: it sends your decrypted files and information to the exact website you want to access. Thanks to changing IP addresses, your location will not be detected as well. This advantage is a must when you want to hide your current location or override geo-restrictions.
- All information that is sent to you follows the save path backward.
Thanks to such a 2-way encryption-decryption process, a customer will be safe. You can reach any website, no matter geo-blocking or insecure warnings.
Important advantages of a VPN client
You are free to select a pre-installed app or install a third-party VPN client. The software origin doesn’t matter what is more important – its functions and benefits. If your native virtual private network can provide you with all the required advantages, then use it. But if you want more features, then choose VeePN. This is a high-quality app with basic and extra opportunities that guarantees you the best experience on the Web.
Here are the main advantages of a high-quality VPN client:
- intuitive interface. Sometimes apps aren’t easy to use. This is a real pain when the software is good but isn’t user-friendly. For this reason, a third-party client is a beneficial choice;
- useful information. It’s much better to be informed about what is going on. For instance, the status, speed of connection, availability of options, etc.;
- extra features. A standard VPN client is a useful thing. But you need to try apps with extended opportunities. For instance, you may like a Kill Switch feature. This is a great security measure that allows disconnecting the Internet if your VPN connection fails.
Now you know that a VPN is a very useful application. You can rely on its features and have the safest leisure on the Internet, study, and work remotely without issues!