Get Rid of Pop-Up Advertisements in Google Chrome Forever
The practice shows that pop-up advertisements rarely become handy. Usually, they annoy users, distract them from experience from browsers, and even can be dangerous. This leads to users starting to desire to find out how they can get rid of these annoying pop-up commercials. If you utilize Google Chrome as it is one of the most widespread browsers, we have prepared helpful ways for you to block pop-up advertisements and enjoy browsing without distractions.
Turn Off Pop-Up Commercials in Desktop
You probably use the Google Chrome browser on your computer during your work. There is a double necessity to block pop-up advertisements as they distract you from your job duties. This can lead you to make mistakes due to your carelessness, and your bosses will be dissatisfied with you. There is no need to worry as to whether you utilize a PC or a Mac; perform the next actions to disable pop-up advertisements in the Google Chrome browser.
- First, you should open the Chrome browser. Then, there is a need to find three dots and click on them. They are situated in the upper right corner. After you click on these three dots, Chrome’s menu will appear. You should tap the “Settings” button.
- On the left side, you will see the emergence of the panel. You should click on “Privacy and security”.
- Among all appeared tabs, you should select “Site settings”.
- Then press the “Pop-ups and redirects” tab.
- You will see the toggle. If it is blue, it means pop-up advertisements are turned on. To stop the emergence of commercials, move the toggle. If you made everything correct, the toggle would be grey.
We can conclude that there is nothing complicated to turn off irritating pop-up advertisements. This process will not take much time and effort.
Blocking Pop-Up Advertisements on Mobile Devices
You can browse the Google Chrome browser utilizing a mobile device not less often than your computer. On the previous example, you should have understood that turning off pop-up commercials does not require IT skills from you.
No matter the iOS or Android operational system you utilize on your mobile device. The instructions to get rid of pop-ups will be the same.
- First, you should open the Chrome application. Then, you should find the “Settings” tab. It is placed in the upper right corner. Press on it.
- Scroll down the page until you find the “Site settings” tab.
- Find and press on the “Pop-ups and redirects” tab. Here again, the toggle will appear. You should make it grey as it was with the computer in order to disable pop-up advertisements.
And that’s all. Within several clicks, you can get rid of undesirable pop-up commercials forever.
What Hazard Pop-Ups Can Carry
Usually, when users turn off pop-up commercials via the ways mentioned above, they succeed. Still, there can be situations when annoying pop-ups continue to appear. This indicates only one thing. These pop-up advertisements are so-called “aggressive”.
Such advertisements are created by scammers and cybercriminals in order to get access to your personal data. They know how to shun blocking with the help of regarded above ways. They wait until you click their pop-up advertisements by chance and appear in their trap.
Therefore, every user should possess the slightest idea of how malicious advertisements look like. As a rule, such commercials can indicate that you become a winner of a lottery. Also, malicious advertisements can contain a lot of strange symbols and mistakes. Another important sign that a suspicious ad is malicious is that it appears on the entire screen.
Do not think that if you press to close these pop-up advertisements, they will simply disappear. They can, on the contrary, transfer you to other pages ad block your computer or mobile device. You can consider that access to your computer or mobile device is in the hands of scammers and cybercriminals. And it will be complicated to return all things back.
Install Blocker of Advertisements
You should not hope that relying on ordinary blocking of pop-up commercials will save you from scammers and cybercriminals. In order to browse your favorite Google Chrome browser without thinking you can appear in a trap of scammers, we advise installing special blockers of pop-up advertisements.
If you enter “application of advertisements blocking” in your app store, you will find numerous options of your choice. Some of such applications are free of charge, while others can be paid for. Moreover, such blockers of advertisements applications offer many other beneficial functions.
We Can Make a Conclusion
Blocking such annoying pop-up commercials in the Google Chrome browser requires a few clicks from you. Still, this does not protect you completely from professional scammers and cybercriminals. Therefore, if you value your privacy or observe signs of the emergence of malicious advertisements, we highly recommend downloading and installing applications that block such dangerous advertisements.