Is It Possible to Block Unwanted Emails?
Perhaps nobody in the whole world likes receiving emails from strangers. First of all, it is quite unpleasant. You may feel confused when checking your inbox and seeing tons of unwanted emails. In this case, you risk losing an important and long-expected letter. Moreover, they may be dangerous for your safety. Even letters that do not seem to be harmful may contain hazardous software or links. After opening them, you risk infiltrating your PC or any other device. Luckily, you can block unwanted emails and stay safe and calm. After installing a trustworthy VPN service like VeePN and blocking undesired emails, you can go on using the Net safely. But before getting into details, it is important to discover what unwanted letters are and the reasons why you may receive them.
What Are Unwanted Emails?
Before you block unwanted emails, you should make sure that you deal exactly with them. In fact, there are such types of unwanted emails as:
- Phishing emails. Such emails pretend to be only marketing, but the reality is far from that. Malicious letters may come up with certain software able to install on your device without any agreement or notification. The main purpose is to collect data about you with not very pleasant consequences like identity theft, online crimes, etc.
- Spam emails. They are not dangerous and usually aim to notify you about some promotions/sales/updates, etc.
- Emails without any sender. These letters are familiar for users of iOS devices. They get emails with no sender or subject, meaning a system glitch.
- Accidental/forced subscription. You may deal with it while using a new service or product. Many companies incorporate this strategy to attract more potential users and install long-term relationships with them.
- Undesired personal communication. It’s evident that you know a sender, but still, you have no desire to reply. Such letters often contain asking for money or discussing your past with an ex-lover.
Why do you get unwanted emails?
There are a few reasons why you may get unwanted emails. First of all, you may have subscribed to the company’s newsletter accidentally or if it was the condition for entering the website. Or, other users saw your email on some forum. Another common reason is a data breach. Despite why you get unwanted emails, you can block them with a few simple steps.
Instruction on How to Block Emails
Luckily, you should not suffer from unwanted emails for the rest of your life. Be ready that the process is different for every email provider. So, choose your provider, follow a step-by-step guide, and enjoy the result.
Hotmail and Outlook
The entire process will take you just a few minutes:
- Pick up a letter from an undesired sender that you want to block.
- Next, go to the Outlook menu bar.
- Choose Message, and then Junk Mail.
- Pick up a certain Block sender.
Finally, the unwanted email address is included to a blacklist. Simply put, you are not going to get the messages from this sender. If, for some reason, you changed your opinion, then you should go to the Block senders tab. Find a necessary email address and remove it from the blacklist.
It is one of the most popular email providers, so perhaps many users will find this instruction helpful:
- Enter your mail and pick up the letter from the undesired sender.
- Look straight to the right corner. There you can see three vertical lines.
- Choose Block.
- If you are willing to report a certain email, you can tap Report.
All Android users can simply follow the above-mentioned steps as their email application is Gmail by default.
iPad and iPhone
If you own an iOS device, you have two options on how to block unwanted emails. The first one is by iPhone Contacts:
- First of all, check whether a particular email address is the Contacts app. If it is absent, you need to make an entry.
- Next, go to the settings. Find Threading options in the Mail section.
- Tap Blocked and add a new one.
- Pick up a particular contact.
- Finally, enable email address in the iCloud. As a result, you will sync all available iOS devices and get rid of annoying letters.
Another way to get rid of unwanted senders is to use the Mail app. Just enter it and find the letter from a spammer. Write “From” and choose the blocking option. Once you do it, the sender will stop disturbing you with unwanted emails.
Another widespread email provider is Yahoo. It is possible to block unwanted letters on it. There is an instruction on how you can do it:
- Find the gear icon. Next, click on it, and afterward, choose Settings. Next, you will see Blocked Addresses.
- Pick up the field Add an address. There you should choose “Block”.
- Paste or type the address which you would like to block..
In case you face some difficulties, you can get in touch with a support system of Yahoo and ask for assistance. Specialists will quickly help you solve the issue.
How to Avoid Unwanted Emails
You can save a lot of time and do not block each irritating sender if you follow a few simple recommendations:
- Be attentive to Terms and Conditions on websites that you visit and use. Check whether there is an auto-subscribe option. Some sites are very tricky and hide the text boxes so that you do not see them at once.
- Choose reliable companies in case you need some useful newsletter. As has been mentioned before, emails may come up with dangerous files or links. Therefore, you are recommended to prefer exclusively trusted sites. In this case, there is no need to worry about your safety. Reliable organizations never spam and send letters only when it is really necessary.
- Refuse the idea of chatting with spammers. Even if you come up with a great desire to answer the spammer, it is not worth doing. The better choice is not to provoke them.
- Take advantage of disposable email. It is not necessary to type a real email address while subscribing to a new platform. Instead, mention a disposable one. This way, you have all chances to compromise security and will be able to refuse it any time you want. Never mention a private email address on any social media profile or other public websites.
- Install cybersecurity software. Scanners and bots always try to get in touch with you via email. But you can prevent them from disturbing you by getting relevant software and installing a VPN service. Do everything possible to stay confidential and enjoy a safe online experience.
Now you know everything on how to block unwanted emails from unwanted senders depending on the used email provider. You shouldn’t worry whether the sender can find it out as the answer is negative. You will keep accepting the letters, but all of them will automatically go to the Spam folder. While the sender can’t know for sure whether you block the letters, he/she may guess as you do not answer the messages. But it matters nothing as your safety and comfort are above everything. Together with a VeePN, you can keep surfing the Net and do not worry about your own protection.