Best VPN for Warzone: Level up Your Lobbies and Gaming Experience
If Call of Duty: Warzone is among your favorite multiplayer combat games, you probably noticed that finding a lobby with opponents matching your current skill level is not that easy. Looking to improve your Warzone experience? Keep reading to find out how a reliable VPN can come in handy. Explore other key reasons to use this tool when playing Warzone and factors to consider when choosing a VPN for your needs.
How to use a VPN for Warzone: A quick guide
Are you in a hurry? Then here’s our quick guide on how to improve your gaming experience with a trustworthy VPN like VeePN.
- Choose the most suitable pricing plan and sign up for VeePN.
- Download and install the VeePN app on your device.
- Open the app and choose among the best servers for Warzone VPN. VeePN provides access to 89 locations in 60 countries worldwide.
- Turn the VPN on.
- Download Warzone on your PC, PlayStation, Xbox, or mobile device and enter the online multiplayer combat. Enjoy your secure and lag-free gaming experience!
Now, let’s dive deeper into details and consider the most significant reasons to use a VPN for Warzone.
Main reasons to use a VPN for Warzone
Here are the primary reasons why a VPN is an effective tool that covers the needs of Warzone players.
Reduce ping and avoid lags
Increased ping is one of the key problems Warzone players often face, especially during peak hours. Ping spikes may ruin your entire gaming experience, leading to sudden lags and connection issues. The reasons for this challenge vary, from insufficient Internet speed to network congestion and limitations imposed by Internet service providers (ISPs).
Now, can a VPN save the day? In general, it’s unlikely to literally reduce ping. When your traffic runs through a remote server, a VPN encrypts it to protect your data from potential snooping, hacking, and other threats. This process is quite intensive, meaning that your Internet connection will be a bit slower.
With that in mind, there are still a couple of ways to increase your connection speed and overall performance with the help of a VPN. A no-lag VPN for Warzone runs your traffic through better-quality channels than your ISP does, resulting in smoother connectivity. Besides, premium VPN services like VeePN provide access to WireGuard® – the fastest tunneling protocol to date, reducing the time required for the encryption process and ensuring uninterrupted gameplay.
Find more details about the optimal Internet speed for gaming here.
Avoid Internet throttling
Internet throttling is a technique Internet providers impose to limit users’ traffic and connection quality. Mostly, its goal is to balance the overall amount of data consumed. But in many cases, ISPs throttle the Internet connection of users involved in specific activities, such as streaming media, downloading large files, or playing online games. So, Internet throttling is among the most common reasons for unexpected lags spoiling the Warzone gaming experience.
Luckily, a VPN is an excellent solution to overcome unfair Internet throttling. It hides your IP address and encrypts your traffic, meaning that your ISP isn’t aware of what you’re up to online. As a result, they have no reason to limit your Internet performance.
Find more details on how to prevent Internet throttling here.
Bypass geographical limitations when traveling
The availability of online games like Warzone varies from country to country. In particular, the COD Warzone’s version for mobile wasn’t released in several regions, including Belarus, Belgium, Cuba, Iran, Mainland China, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, Syria, the Netherlands, and Vietnam. Pre-registration rewards are also unavailable in these countries.
Countries where you can’t receive pre-registration rewards for Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile:
Belarus, Belgium, China, the Crimea region of Ukraine, Cuba, the so called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Iran, The Netherlands, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Vietnam.
— Warzone Mobile News (@PlayWZMobile) October 25, 2022
As a result, if you’re temporarily visiting one of these locations, you won’t be able to find the game in the app store. The good news for frequent travelers is that it’s possible to overcome geographical limitations with the help of a VPN. This solution will let you alter your virtual location, letting you get the necessary IP address to access the game.
Enhance your privacy and security
Since multiplayer games require access to the Internet and involve online communication, they are often associated with various privacy and security concerns. For instance, you may bump into a fishy link or download a malicious Call of Duty app impersonating the legit game.
Also, it’s possible to have your device infected with a certain form of malware when playing Warzone. In June 2023, a user on a Steam forum warned other players that malicious actors use hacked lobbies to attack gamers in Call of Dury: Modern Warfare 2, introducing a warm virus to their devices. And chances are, you may face a similar risk while playing Warzone or Warzone 2.
To shield yourself from these and other types of online threats, including different types of malware, distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, public WiFi dangers, and phishing scams, use a reputable VPN service like VeePN. It provides a bunch of important cybersecurity features including:
- NetGuard to block unwanted monitoring, spoofed links, malware-infected websites, and more.
- Kill Switch to prevent sensitive data leakage if your VPN connection fails.
- DNS and IP leak protection to help you avoid the exposure of your IP address and DNS.
- AES-256 encryption to ensure reliable protection for your entire Internet traffic.
Also, consider using the VPN and Antivirus bundle for Windows and Android to get an ultimate security toolkit. Avoid any cyber threats, from viruses to hacking attempts, when surfing the web, playing online games, and streaming content.
Improve matchmaking and potentially find easier lobbies
COD Warzone uses a skill-based matchmaking mechanism, meaning that you’re most likely to fight against players with skills similar to yours. Generally, it’s a good thing since this technique makes the game more competitive.
But if you strive to make the gameplay more satisfying, there‘s a chance of finding easier lobbies with the help of a VPN. These lobbies are either less-skilled human players or AI-controlled Warzone bots. While not officially confirmed, this method potentially makes fighting against other players easier, allowing you to increase your in-game rank. But how does it work, exactly?
When you connect to a remote VPN server, your IP address and virtual location are altered. This way, you may use a VPN for Warzone bot lobbies in alternative locations, finding potentially less competitive rivals. Some Reddit users admit to using this tactic to enjoy easier wins, especially at off-peak hours in other regions:
But again, this method isn’t a legitimate way to improve your gaming experience. Moreover, it may be against the game’s rules. VeePN doesn’t encourage users to violate the Terms of Service of other platforms. For more details, please read the VeePN Terms of Service.
Will a free VPN for Warzone do the job?
There are numerous VPN services out there, including paid and free solutions. It might sound like a great idea to get all the benefits of a VPN for Warzone without paying a penny. But free VPNs come with significant downsides. More specifically, such solutions are often ineffective since they lack available locations. As a result, the offered servers are overloaded, resulting in poor performance and even more lags. Moreover, such services tend to have fewer features for your privacy and security.
To make things worse, a free VPN may turn out to be a fake tool or a scam collecting and stealing your personal information. Later, the service provider can sell your data to third parties to make a profit.
That said, it’s much safer to opt for a reputable paid service with a proven track record, positive customer reviews, and a strict No Logs policy. Here are some details on how to pick a reliable VPN for Warzone.
How to choose the best VPN for Warzone
If you’re looking for the best VPN to play Warzone, let’s look at the most important factors to consider when making your choice.
- Performance. First and foremost, verify whether your chosen VPN service provides good connection speed, which is necessary for a smooth gaming experience. It generally depends on the number of servers and their quality. Also, access to powerful VPN protocols like WireGuard® and IKEv2 increases the chances of avoiding lags.
- Server network. As mentioned, the size of the VPN server network directly affects its performance. Moreover, a good choice of servers will let you connect to the best locations for Warzone VPN hassle-free.
- Privacy and security. Prioritize VPNs that offer all the essential functions to protect your privacy and shield you from potential dangers you may encounter when playing Warzone. Some of the must-have features include anti-malware and anti-monitoring functionality, as well as reliable VPN encryption.
- Compatibility. Make sure your VPN provider supports various devices and operating systems. For instance, VeePN offers solutions for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Also, it’s compatible with major gaming consoles, smart TVs, and Wi-Fi routers.
- No Logs policy. A transparent No Logs policy is your guarantee that the VPN service you opt for isn’t a scam designed to steal your private data and sell it to third parties. So, it’s worth carefully checking whether your VPN doesn’t collect your connection logs, activity logs, and other sensitive information.
- Customer support. Look for a VPN that offers effective and reliable customer support, which usually includes 24/7 live chat, email, and detailed guidelines on the website.
- Pricing. Finally, prioritize VPNs that offer good value for money. Mostly, premium VPN providers offer a free trial period or a money-back guarantee, letting you try the app risk-free.
Consider VeePN – a trustworthy VPN service provider that checks all the boxes above and comes with even more benefits for your gaming experience. Here’s how to set up VeePN – your no-lag VPN for Warzone.
How to use a VPN for Warzone
Follow these simple instructions to get started with VeePN and use it when playing Warzone on your PC, mobile device, or gaming console.
How to set up a Warzone VPN on your PC
- Head to the official VeePN website, pick the most suitable pricing plan and register your VeePN account.
- Download and install the VeePN app on your desktop device. Note that you can run VeePN on up to 10 devices simultaneously with a single subscription. For more details, check out how to set up a VPN for Windows, a VPN for Mac, and a VPN for Linux.
- Open the app and connect to the preferred server location. VeePN provides access to over 2,500 servers across 89 locations in 60 countries worldwide. Also, you can use the Optimal Location feature to connect to the closest server for the best connectivity.
- Configure your VPN app. You can turn on additional security features, such as Kill Switch and NetGuard, and select the preferred VPN protocol in the app’s settings.
- Turn VeePN on by clicking the large button at the center of your screen.
- Open COD Warzone and play safely. If you’re new to the game, you can download it on your PC for free on Steam or Battle.net.
How to set up a Warzone VPN on a gaming console
- Choose your preferred VeePN pricing plan and sign up.
- Click Downloads and select an app for your game console (PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S). For more details, check out how to set up a VPN for PS and a VPN for Xbox.
- Download and install the VeePN app on your console.
- Enjoy your smooth Warzone experience. Note that if you don’t have the game on your device, you can download it from the PlayStation Store (for PS) or Microsoft Store (for Xbox).
Alternatively, you can install VeePN on your router to cover your entire network with reliable VPN encryption. Find more information here.
How to set up a VPN for Warzone on a mobile device
- Select the most suitable VeePN subscription and create your account.
- Download and install the VeePN app on your Android (from Google Play Store) or iPhone (from Apple’s App Store).
- Run the app and select the preferred server location for Warzone.
- Allow the VeePN app to add VPN configurations to your mobile device.
- Configure settings and turn your VPN on.
- Head to your Warzone Mobile and enjoy the game. If you don’t have Warzone on your smartphone yet, you can get it for free from Google Play Store (Android) or Apple’s App Store (iPhone).
FAQ: Best VPN for Warzone
To play Warzone with a VPN, follow these simple steps:
- Opt for a reputable VPN service provider like VeePN.
- Choose the most suitable pricing plan and sign up.
- Download and install the VeePN app on your device, be it a PC, smartphone, or gaming console.
- Open the app and connect to a server location of your choice.
- Turn the VPN on, open Warzone on your device, and play with peace of mind.
For more details, check out this article.
A VPN encrypts your traffic and changes your IP address, making your gaming experience more secure and private. Moreover, you can reduce high ping with a VPN for Warzone and avoid spikes, making your connection more stable and, accordingly, faster. Find out more in this blog post.
Yes, you can use a VPN for Warzone 2, as well as other versions of the game. But note that not all VPNs are equally effective, especially those promoted as “free”. Such a VPN may significantly reduce your connection quality and lack important security features. Read this article to learn how to choose the best VPN for Call Of Duty Warzone 2.
The biggest number of Warzone game servers are located in the US and the UK. Connecting to VPN servers in these countries increases your chance of avoiding ping spikes and performance issues. Experienced players also suggest that some of the best locations for VPN Warzone where it’s more likely to find easier lobbies include Australia, Egypt, India, Israel, Japan, Turkey, Vietnam, and more.