Is TeamViewer Safe?
Imagine that you are working on your PC, and suddenly the cursor gets crazy. What will be the first thing that comes to your mind? How will you feel? Perhaps most users will worry because somebody breaks privacy. That’s why you should be careful while using TeamViewer.
It is an online collaboration tool that many people around the world use these days. It allows users to control other devices remotely, share the desktop, arrange online conferences and share files. But usually, it is used for letting another person install the software on your PC or fix some bug remotely. Only a single click and a definite individual get access to your device and all information you store. TeamViewer has so many advantages, among which are:
- Simple installation and updating
- Easy access to remote devices
- Compatibility with major platforms
- Free of charge
- Assistance with increase sales potential
- Help with quick and easy file transfer
- Provides top-quality customer support
- Helps detect issues to other users
- Makes communication easier
Despite the high sensitivity of TeamViewer, lots of people trust it completely and use it regularly. But is TeamViewer safe or not?
What Guarantees Does TeamViewer Have?
TeamViewer comes up with a high–quality standard AES 256-bit encryption and is also used by VeePN. It is equipped with two-factor authentication, whitelist trusted devices, and password reset for cases with suspicious activities. Every person can easily improve the tool security by installing proper settings. Despite all its well-known benefits, the actual facts prove that one must be very careful while using TeamViewer. There are a few unpleasant situations that lead to mass information leaks. Back in 2016, users had problems with PayPal and bank accounts, and in 2017 hackers took people’s devices under their control due to discovered vulnerability.
Luckily, the developers managed to fix the loophole immediately, and the problem was solved. As you can see, tweaking the settings of TeamViewer is important. Go on reading and find out how you can do it.
The Ways for Improving TeamViewer’s Safety
Consider a few effective tips on making your TeamViewer experience safer:
- Exit TeamViewer when you do not use it. It is recommended to open the program only when you use it. Avoid running TeamViewer in the background. Thanks to these simple steps, you can minimize the risks of becoming a subject of vulnerabilities. Visit the Remote Control section and refuse the option to start the TeamViewer system.
- Update the tool constantly. It will help you enjoy fresh security fixes for safe remote access.
- Choose only strong passwords. They will stop hackers from breaching your account. You can look for recommendations on how to create a strong password.
- Benefit from two-factor authentication. Thanks to it, you will build extra obstacles for hackers to penetrate into your account. You need to visit the website of TeamViewer and let the system activate the option for you automatically.
- Always remember to check all devices that are recognized by your system and make sure that they are reliable.
- Refuse the easy access option. It allows the devices that you find reliable to connect to your account easily without any passwords. While it may seem to be quite convenient at first glance, actually, it makes your PC more prone to hackers’ attacks. It is recommended to enter the Remote Control section and untick the option called “Grant Easy Access.”
- Agree on whitelisting and blacklisting when it comes to the connection that you find reliable.
- Use a VPN. It will encrypt your performance, and nobody will be able to check your activities and penetrate them.
What option to choose?
You can practice all mentioned above options to increase the chances of security using TeamViewer and not let any hackers spoil your activities. Still, there is one that you should consider more than others. VPN is a good way to stay safe and do not worry about the leak of personal or business information. VeePN has proved to be a reliable server that has already helped thousands of people use PCs and stay assured about their own confidentiality. It hides the IP address of the device, guarantees anonymity, and provides top-grade AES-256 encryption. Using VeePN, you can be calm and do all necessary actions without any worries.
TeamViewer is widely used by people and has already become one of all PC owners’ basic tools. Still, in the era of massive hackers’ attacks, it is very important to care about your own safety and do everything in your power to protect personal information. Using VPN service like VeenPN is an excellent way to keep your data far away from all third-parties. It allows using the PC safely despite your location. Once you get a 100% secure VPN, you can forget about all security issues and use your own device without any worries.