How to Subscribe to Netflix Using a VPN from Anywhere
Did you know that Netflix libraries and pricing plans vary depending on your location? Yes, that’s a fact, people in different countries have different versions of Netflix and pay different amounts of money for their subscriptions. But the sad part here is that your beloved series and movies may not even be available in your region.
But why do Netflix subscription plans and libraries differ in various locations? And how can a VPN help you stream your favorite content? Keep reading this article to find out.
Reasons why you local Netflix library can be limited
Netflix is by far the biggest and the most popular streaming service worldwide. Today, over 220 million users have subscribed to the platform to enjoy a great variety of content available in 190 countries. However, both the availability of content and the subscription price are different in every region.
How come? Well, the thing is that Netflix has to arrange separate agreements with each country and studio. Normally, geographical limitations are based on content distribution rights that vary depending on the location. In many cases, titles are owned by several studios, so the same TV show or movie can be streamed by Netflix in the US and another streaming service elsewhere, or vice versa. As for the price, it’s normally based on the local economic situation and market specifics.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the richest Netflix catalogs and the most cost-effective subscription plans around the globe.
How does Netflix vary in different countries?
Unfortunately, there is no available information on how exactly Netflix content differs depending on the state. However, when analyzing open sources and data provided by third parties like JustWatch, you can make certain assumptions.
To define what is the best Netflix subscription region, let’s briefly compare the streaming service’s libraries and pricing plans in different countries.
Countries with the best Netflix libraries
The US is undeniably the main content provider these days. However, according to a Statista report, its Netflix catalog is ranked only 20th in 2022. Furthermore, many popular Netflix shows are unavailable in the US. These are Rick And Morty, The Office, Friends, Fargo, and It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, to name a few. At the same time, people in other countries can enjoy these addictive series with their local subscriptions.
At this point, you may wonder which Netflix regions are the luckiest ones. Let’s take a look at the most recent data in this regard. Here are the top ten countries with the richest Netflix catalogs.
|Country||Number of movies||Number of series||Total size of library|
Countries with the most cost-effective Netflix basic plans
When it comes to Netflix pricing, the basic plan is the least expensive in Pakistan ($2.44/month), Turkey ($2.58/month), and India ($2.62/month). Meanwhile, the most expensive subscriptions are in most EU countries, the UK ($9.11/month), and the USA ($9.99/month).
However, as the cheapest isn’t always the best, it’s worth considering more factors to define where Netflix subscription is best. The table below ranks the top ten Netflix regions based on the price per title indicator.
Please note that the data provided below is based on the Netflix pricing plans for 2022, and the prices of subscriptions may change over time.
|Country||Total size of library||Basic monthly plan||Price per title|
How does Netflix limit its content?
As you can see, there is a drastic difference between Netflix libraries worldwide. And it causes quite a lot of trouble if you want to access your favorite shows and movies when traveling abroad. You will most likely get a local version of Netflix, which may significantly differ from the one you’re used to.
How do those limitations work? Netflix tracks your current location by detecting your IP address. Your IP allows third parties to get all information they need, such as the city you’re accessing the service from, your ZIP code or area code, and the name of your Internet service provider (ISP).
As a result, when going abroad, you will get the regional catalog, which may not meet your expectations. But is there anything you can do to stream your favorite movies and shows from another location?
Can you change your Netflix region when traveling?
There are a few ways to change your Netflix region and regain access to the streaming platform’s version you are used to. Here are the most common approaches to consider.
- Smart DNS. You can configure your DNS settings and input an alternative server address provided by a Smart DNS service. This way, you will access your Netflix library from many different devices, including Smart TV, Roku, and game console.
- Proxy server. This solution will allow you to route your traffic through a remote server. However, proxy servers do not securely encrypt your data.
- The Tor Browser. Tor provides a decentralized network for anonymous browsing and media streaming. It runs your data through multiple nodes to make it untraceable for third parties. However, note that Tor is illegal in some countries, including China, Turkey, Russia, Egypt, and Iran.
Unfortunately, none of the mentioned solutions ensures protection and privacy you can achieve with a virtual private network (VPN), which creates an encrypted tunnel and runs your traffic through the chosen remote server. With a VPN, you can change your IP address to gain more freedom, flexibility, and protection when surfing the web or streaming media.
Let’s see how you can use a VPN to take advantage of private streaming.
VeePN does not promote, condone, or encourage using a VPN in ways that would potentially violate Terms of Service of streaming service providers, bypass copyright regulations or could be classified as illegal behavior. For more details, please read the VeePN Terms of Service.
How to subscribe to Netflix with VPN
Subscribing to Netflix with a virtual private network is quite a straightforward process that will take just a few simple steps. Here is how to connect a VPN to Netflix when creating a new account.
1. Pick a reliable VPN service
First of all, you should choose a trusted VPN service provider. Since there are multiple options out there, be careful when making a final choice. Many things will depend on the reliability of your VPN app, from your online security and anonymity to the connection quality and speed. In particular, it’s worth paying extra attention to the following factors:
- Consistency. A VPN tool should provide access to the desired content without any interruptions or system failures.
- Connection quality. Your VPN should work seamlessly without compromising your connection speed. Moreover, it can help you address Internet throttling, which significantly affects your network performance and reduces media streaming quality.
- Reliable encryption. Free VPNs often fail to protect your data and make your streaming experience completely private. So it’s better to prioritize the services providing AES-256 encryption empowered with several additional protocols.
- No logs policy. Fake VPN apps may use your private data without telling you. So make sure the chosen service has a transparent No Logs policy.
- Availability for different devices. Check if a VPN service has an app for the desired device or platform.
Based on all the factors listed above, we recommend using VeePN. It’s a trustworthy VPN service offering all the required features and a sufficient number of servers around the globe to choose from. On top of that, VeePN provides flexible pricing plans for various user needs.
2. Select a VPN server
Once you’ve subscribed to the chosen virtual private network, download and install the VPN app for your device, whether it’s macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Apple TV, or else. However, keep in mind that for more privacy, it’s worth prioritizing a VPN for your desktop device. That’s because third parties can track you with the help of GPS services on your phone.
Next, open the app and choose an optimal server. With its help, the VPN tool will encrypt your data and make your online activities untraceable.
3. Create a Netflix account and subscribe
Enter the Netflix website and create your account. After filling in your credentials, you will have to choose a payment method. For that, you can use your credit or debit card. Alternatively, it’s possible to buy and redeem a gift card you can use to pay for your Netflix subscription or give it to somebody as a gift. Finally, confirm your payment and get started.
Congratulations! Now, you can access Netflix through VPN and enjoy the desired content while remaining anonymous and protected.
If you face any trouble subscribing to Netflix with a VPN, you can contact VeePN support center for more detailed instructions.
What if your VPN doesn’t work?
Although streaming media with a VPN is completely legal in most parts of the world, the platform you’re trying to access might try to detect and block those using such a tool. However, with a powerful VPN service, this problem can be solved. Here are the most effective steps you can take to stream Netflix with no limits.
- Pick an alternative VPN server. Some servers may be blacklisted and denied by the platform. So it’s worth restarting your VPN app and trying another server.
- Clear your browsing data. As your browser cache and cookies may still contain your online footprint.
- Change your VPN protocol. VPN protocols are responsible for stable connection and protection of your data running through an encrypted tunnel. If the chosen protocol doesn’t work for you, opt for an alternative one, such as OpenVPN, WireGuard, or IKEv2/IPSec, in your VPN settings.
- Get a dedicated IP address. Static IPs aren’t associated with the use of a VPN, so it might help you get in with no trouble.
Looking for the best VPN to subscribe to Netflix? – Try VeePN!
If you want to stream Netflix seamlessly, privately, and securely, a virtual private network can save the day. This tool will help you watch the desired content when temporarily visiting another country or state. For instance, when traveling, you may need to access your favorite series you’ve been watching at home. Or, you don’t want to miss a long-awaited release during your vacation. In those cases, a VPN is a must.
If you’re looking for a safe and convenient way of watching Netflix with a VPN, VeePN got you covered. It’s a top-rated VPN tool that will enhance your online security and provide you with seamless streaming experiences. VeePN has over 2500 servers in 60 countries. Just choose the one that suits you best and enjoy the beloved content!
How can I subscribe to Netflix?
If Netflix is available in your country, the registration process will be quite straightforward. Here are the steps you should take:
- Visit Netflix.com/signup
- Choose the most suitable subscription plan
- Enter your email and password to create your account
- Choose the payment method. You can use your credit card, debit card, or gift card
- From now on, you can watch Netflix movies and series
How do I activate Netflix through VPN?
You can subscribe to Netflix through VPN in a few easy steps:
- Choose a reliable VPN service provider
- Download and install a VPN app for your device
- Select an appropriate server and turn on your VPN
- Log into your Netflix account or subscribe
- You’re all set. Stream on!
Read this article to learn more about how you can use VPN to subscribe to watch Netflix.