What is Popcorn Time VPN Warning?Posted on 23rd July 2021
Everybody likes free things, and when there is an opportunity to download a long-expected movie without any payment, you perhaps will use it. This is why Popcorn Time is gaining enormous popularity these days. It is a mix of a BitTorrent client and a video player. The files are not kept in a single place. Instead, they are downloaded by people and shared with other individuals. In general, it looks like an ordinary torrent system. However, everything is not so shiny as it may seem to be at first glance. From time to time, you may get a Popcorn time VPN warning. It aims to tell about the related danger of lawsuits.
Why is Popcorn Time VPN Necessary?
As it was mentioned above, people are sharing the files, but not only them. In fact, torrent users share their IP addresses as well. To be more clear, Internet addresses are tied to your torrent downloads. If the individual doesn’t use a reliable VPN service to mask own IP address, he/she does not only demonstrate downloading torrent files but the risk of being tied to specific ones.
Downloading and sharing files via torrent is a violation of copyright law. It means that you may be punished by law. That’s why you need a Popcorn Time VPN. This way, you hide your IP address and decrease the risks of getting into danger. In case you are not eager to be involved in any scandals, you are highly recommended to use a Popcorn Time VPN. Having another IP address will make tracing you impossible. VPN encrypts your information, and no one will discover that you are using a popular torrent client.
How to Select a Good Popcorn Time VPN?
It should be mentioned that all VPNs are developed in different ways. It means that some services suit Popcorn Time better than others. Hence, you should be aware of the following things:
- Kill Switch. It happens that a VPN connection is interrupted. In case you are using your regular Internet connection, Popcorn Time users will be able to discover your real IP address. With Kill Switch, you can prevent this. It cuts the Internet connection if the VPN connection is interrupted. For example, VeePN has a Kill Switch, so you can feel more confident and safe while using it.
- P2P torrenting. Some VPNs have difficulties with torrent streaming. In case you really care about other users, it is better to check this detail in advance and give preference to a trustworthy service.
- No-log policy. Some VPN providers can keep users’ metadata on the servers. In other words, they keep an eye on your online activities. A reliable VPN server always operates in a no-logs policy. It means that no records of your Internet activities exist.
- Good speed. You can easily check it by reading the reviews of other people. Streaming video is always a resource-intensive process. Hence it is better to give preference to a fast VPN with plentiful servers in different countries.
- Support of numerous platforms. You can use Popcorn Time on iOS and Android devices. Hence you should choose the VPN which covers those platforms and makes your experience as comfortable as possible.
How to use Popcorn Time with a VPN?
If you do not like the idea of getting a Popcorn time VPN warning and decide to mask your IP address with a reliable VPN, then learn how to use Popcorn with it. Note that this would not be more complicated than using Popcorn Time, actually. The following short instruction will help you:
- Download and then install a chosen VPN
- Install a connection with a server
- Run Popcorn Time. Do not pay attention to VPN warning
- Stream what you have planned to stream
As you can see, the entire procedure is quick and simple. Afterward, your streaming is completely protected.
How to Turn off a Popcorn Time VPN Warning?
Unfortunately, you can’t do this because it isn’t a warning but an advertisement for some VPN service. Popcorn Time can’t say whether you use a VPN or not. Hence, the only thing that you can do is ignore this warning. In case you are using a VPN, you can be sure that it completely protects your device and all information on it. Hence, there is no need to pay attention to the irritating warning.
Are you still hesitating? Learn the answers to the most required questions and clarify everything at once.
- Is it possible to use Popcorn Time without a VPN service?
Yes, of course, because the application operates without a VPN. You may face problems only if your ISP is blocking it or other torrents. However, remember that using Popcorn Time without a trustworthy VPN is very dangerous.
- Does VPN slow down Popcorn Time?
Yes, it may slow down the connection a little bit. Encryption is one of the most significant VPN features that take up some bandwidth. With a good VPN server, you will not even notice such a disadvantage. Your traffic may be faster in case you choose a server that is closer to you.
- Is Popcorn Time dangerous without a VPN?
In fact, the app is not dangerous itself. But you put your safety at risk in case you use Popcorn Time without a VPN. The official application will not infect your device with a virus. However, remember about other suspicious websites that pretend to be Popcorn Time. Also, your system may be infected by malware. Anyway, a good VPN like VeePN is essential for your safety.
Summing – up
Popcorn Time has a torrent-based nature which puts your device at risk. However, with a reliable VPN, you have a high chance to protect the streaming experience. Finally, the right VPN will help you discover the Internet that you have not known before while keeping you safe. Ignore a Popcorn Time VPN warning, choose a good VPN, and enjoy online freedom.