What You Must Know about Your VPN PasswordPosted on 19th July 2021
A VPN password combination and username are key if you want to unlock the secure private connection that you might get only when you purchase a subscription. Nevertheless, you might easily find a number of posts in listings and forums on e-commerce websites that sell VPN subscriptions of popular providers. Keep in mind that these are often fake or stolen accounts to get money from you.
VPNs are getting to be more and more desirable and relevant with the growth of cyber crimes rates. They might do more than just give secure encrypted connections on any kind of connected tool. This is a reason cybercriminals tend to steal VPN credentials of people to resell or for themselves. So you should utilize a strong VPN password if you do not want your account to end up being sold online.
How accounts might end up being sold online?
Cybercriminals utilize various tactics in order to steal the credentials of people and then sell them. Check out the most popular ones:
Phishing scams might come in various forms. For instance, someone might pretend to be the official service’s representative and ask you to give your email or password in order to fix your account. Or you might receive a genuine-looking reset email that warns you that someone has tried to log into the account you have. Some of them might be absurdly obvious. However, others are well-crafted. You should have a trained eye to be able to identify the phishing scam. Therefore, you should always read such emails carefully before you click on anything. You would better open a new tab to change the password manually on the supposed compromised account.
You downloaded questionable software, utilized a shady torrenting site, clicked on a malicious link, and you might have malware on your tool. The worst thing of all is that you may not notice it until it is too late. Spyware and keyloggers will collect information about you, including the credentials for different services and sites, and send it to the specific attacker.
Poorly secured sites are a simple target of the experienced hacker. Nevertheless, large companies that have sophisticated infrastructures might also mess up. Finally, the result will be the same – people’s passwords and usernames will be sold online. As long as the vast majority of Internet users do not bother to set another password for each account, the cybercriminals might try the same credentials’ set for various online services. It is called credential stuffing. Unluckily, they often take the account over and succeed.
What is the best way to set the new VPN password?
If you think that your account might have been compromised or you forgot the VeePN’s password, check out how you might modify it:
- Go to https://veepn.com/login
- Enter the email.
- Tap the “Forgot your password.”
- You will get a link to your email to reset the password.
You got the “Password verification failed: Auth” mistake
When you get this mistake when you try to log in to VeePN Windows app, you might do the following:
- Update the application when you utilize the older version.
- The password may be incorrect. In case you forgot it, you should click the “Forgot your password?” link under your login window. You will get the email to reset the password.
- Reinstall the app. Delete it via the control panel. Download the app from https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/ and set it up again.
If you still have issues, you would better visit the Support page and contact the customer support representative.
How to generate a strong VPN password?
Follow these simple rules to generate a strong password:
- The longer, the better. Do not utilize anything below ten characters. The longer password would require more time to crack when someone might try to brute-force it.
- Be confusing. If it is difficult for you to pronounce the password, it will be great. Do not utilize common words. You would better distort the words in some way, add random special characters, numbers, and upper-case letters.
- Utilize a password generator. If you have no time for indulging in the password shenanigans, you would better use the password generator’s help to do the work for you. Utilize filters to add or remove specific characters, and it will be ideal every time.
- The more, the merrier. Utilizing 1 password for each account is plain old lazy, unimaginative, and dangerous. Place the password generator to generate a new password to any of your 100 accounts.
- Utilize a password manager. Why should you do something by yourself if there is a user-friendly, fast, and safe application for it? Get VeePN to store the passwords, secret notes, credit card details, and other personal data. You will be the only person to have access to it.
May a VPN provider view my password?
It is necessary to be aware that your VPN provider does not track the actions online and store too much information on you, including the password. The reputable VPN service provider will have stricter rules concerning the way they handle their user’s data.
Select a safe VPN provider like VeePN and enjoy your secure and safe browsing experience.