How to Protect Your Data with VPN Public Wi-FiPosted on 6th May 2021
Many people have no such luxury to turn off their communication devices often. They need to be constantly in touch with coworkers and friends. Thus, many people frequently use public Wi-Fi networks. If you do not stay in one place for a long, public Wi-Fi helps greatly. Still, it can also become a great source of danger. You can never know whether hackers will intercept your communication or not. Your sensitive data can also be easily compromised. Public Wi-Fi cannot assure the safety and security of your data. You need to take care of it by yourself.
Top Ways VPN Protects You on Public Wi-Fi
Hackers often target public Wi-Fi networks. It is logical since the mentioned networks have weak or no security at all. The basic security measures it provides do not make a big difference. Therefore, you need to be cleverer. Free internet access will never assure the safety of your private data. You need to make sure your data is safe by yourself.
How VPN Protects You on Public Wi-Fi Networks
VPN is one of the most advanced instruments that improve your security measures. With advanced Virtual Private Networks, you can protect your private data easily. The practical purpose of VPN development is the mentioned security issue.
VPN always encrypts your traffic. Thus, it becomes really difficult to intercept or decipher. You will get encrypted traffic by installing a VPN on your working devices. Finally, your online traces will be hidden. Besides, your online activity history will also be hidden from both the government and hackers. We highly recommend using a VPN in places with public Wi-Fi.
What Information is Compromised on Public Wi-Fi
Hackers always look for the weakest points in your security. Thus, they pay attention to the users who use public Wi-Fi. They mostly target the following categories of private information:
- Your email login and password;
- Your credit cards’ information;
- Your personal videos and photos;
- Your home address and codes.
This information can be further sold to other people. In other cases, hackers can try to reach your bank account. You cannot stay so open for various criminals. Therefore, you should always use VeePN when on public Wi-Fi.
Top Hackers’ Schemes – Unsecured Wi-Fi
Hackers can easily take advantage of your personal information when you use an unsecured Wi-Fi connection. The following are the most known hackers’ schemes.
- Evil Twin Attack. Hackers can build quite a massive scheme. They can create a brand new Wi-Fi network from scratch. It is easy for cybercriminals to create and name any Wi-Fi network. Once you connect the twin network, all your sensitive private information and data will be intercepted.
- Malware Infection. The insecure Wi-Fi connection is the best for infecting your devices with malware. Besides, it becomes really difficult to detect such malware. The consequences of malware infection can be huge. It can destroy your system or allow hackers to access your private data.
- Man-in-the-middle (MITM). Once placing their devices between the Wi-Fi spot and your device, hackers can manage your traffic and access private data. Besides, they can do it discreetly. It is easy for them to monitor your online activity.
- Wi-Fi sniffing. Such a scheme requires proper equipment and software. Still, it allows hackers to intercept and collect the data packages that go through a public Wi-Fi network.
How Internet Providers See Your Browsing History
The Internet providers of public Wi-Fi can easily see your browsing history. Moreover, they can check this information gathered from logs. The logs are collected by modern routers. Thus, Internet providers can easily see the browsing history if you do not encrypt your traffic. When you use mobile phones, you can reveal even more information. The Wi-Fi owners can see your call history, apps you use, time on the Internet, etc. Therefore, you should think about your safety on the public Wi-Fi network in advance.
How to Prevent Hackers from Intercepting Your Data with a VPN
You always need to learn beforehand about Internet security. It helps a lot when you know what tools to use to assure your online safety. You should be aware of all the risks you can face. It helps to be ready to prevent any negative consequences of hackers’ attacks.
The following tips and guides will help with your online security on public Wi-Fi networks.
Follow them to assure your private data safety.
- Deactivate the automatic connection on your device. Your device can connect automatically to any unsecured Wi-Fi. You can get connected to the network you surely was not planning to.
- Do not connect to any free public Wi-Fi network. Make sure to pay attention to what network you connect to. Besides, make sure to ask the personnel of the place you visit to tell the networks’ names. It helps to avoid dangerous twin networks.
- Do not log in to important accounts when on public Wi-Fi. If you can postpone logging into sensitive accounts, do it when on public Wi-Fi. Hackers can be waiting to intercept your sensitive private information.
- Check your firewall and turn off your file sharing. You should always keep your firewall active. Turn off the file-sharing option on your device when on a public Wi-Fi network.
- Get an advanced VPN. Install an effective VPN on your device. It will improve your security measures greatly. Besides, it will assure the full safety of your sensitive private information. VPN is the best solution when you want to keep your data safe.
Advantages of VeePN When on Public Wi-Fi Networks
When you install VeePN, you get numerous advantages. Besides, you assure the full safety of your private data when on public Wi-Fi.
The following are the benefits you get when installing VeePN on your device:
- Improved security. You advance your security when getting VeePN. It improves security measures greatly.
- Secured encryption. You get secured strong 256-bit encryption. It assures your online history remains hidden.
- Impressive coverage. VeePN has over 2500 servers in various parts of the world.
- No-log policy. The sensitive information is never shared with third parties.
- Easy installation. It is extremely easy to install VeePN on your device.
- Protection of up to 10 devices. You can install VeePN on numerous devices and secure all of them.
- Protection against cyber threats. VeePN brings strong protection tools against various malicious threats.
- Your data is always safe with VeePN!