Instruction on How to Delete iPhone Location HistoryPosted on 27th April 2021
Your iPhone knows all places that you are visiting and saves them in history. You can view it and check at any minute. But do you want other people to know your whereabouts? If you care about personal data safety, follow this step-by-step guide on how to delete iPhone location history.
- Go to the Settings menu and find Privacy in the list.
- Select Location Services. This section contains the applications that are using your location and the time when they are using it.
- Tap System Services in the list. Here you will see the services that are also using your location to automatically serve location-based adverts from Apple or adjust the time zone. Make changes in accordance with your preferences.
- Afterward. Go to Significant Locations. The system will ask you whether to sign in with Touch ID or Apple ID.
- At last, you can see the location history on your device from Apple. You can delete any location you want individually or remove them altogether. If you want to delete everything at once, then scroll down and choose Clear History. In case you decide to clear a definite record, then you need to click on the city, select the location, tap Edit in the upper right corner or swipe left, and tap Delete.
- You can swipe the bar to the left for disabling Significant Locations. You can re-enable the locations again whenever you want. These locations are protected and kept on your device. Nobody from Apple staff can reach them.
How to remove Google location history on your device?
Pay attention that not only Apple company is tracking all places that you visit, but Google too. If you are using the maps and even delete all your whereabouts, they are stored in Significant Locations. You have two options, either to delete the story or turn off the settings. Follow these steps:
- Launch Google Maps and find the icon Menu.
- Select the Settings.
- Scroll down and find Personal content.
- Go to Location Settings and choose to Delete all Location History. As a result, you will delete it all time. Neither Google nor you will be able to run it again.
- Later you will see a pop-up that asks you to confirm your decision. You need to Agree and click on the “Delete” button.
- Finally, look under Location Settings. There is a Location Services tab. You should click on it to disable future tracking. Tap Location and select Never.
Get advanced protection
This is not everything that you are supposed to do. The problem is that Google is collecting data even if you disabled your Location Settings. In case you are using Google search. Or any other Google app, then your location will be surely sent to Google. The company creates a similar timeline to the one that you had on Google maps. To get advanced protection, you need:
- Visit My activity page and pick up Activity Controls which are situated on the left-hand side.
- Look for the Web & App Activity setting on the page top, and swipe the button to the left. This way, you will disable it.
- Another great way out is privacy-oriented maps. They are working offline and do not track the user’s location. Prefer them next time, when you are seeking necessary directions.
If you want to make sure that no third parties will track your activities and learn your location, then consider using a reliable VPN server. It will keep your online activities confidential and allow you to feel secured. Still, you should prefer a reliable server like VeePN not to face undesired circumstances. It is compatible with iOS devices and comes up with numerous guarantees. Viewing and deleting the location history is a matter of a few minutes, and by following the above-mentioned steps, you will easily do it. Together with using a reliable VPN server, you can go on surfing the Net safely and do not worry about the protection of personal data.