Time to delete yourself effectively from the webPosted on 21st July 2021
When browsing online, you can go quite far. What are the ways to say goodbye to the internet and get rid of the main info? You may want to delete your account on social media. Or you can also try to wipe your history. But will it do its job? Will you delete yourself from the web? If you want to make your presence unnoticeable, you should read our guide. The following steps will help you with the task.
Why delete the accounts?
As a user, you may have different reasons for such actions. If you don’t want your info to be shared or collected, you may use the following steps.
- If you want to be more private, be careful when using social media accounts. Different data scraping activities introduced by the largest corporations may affect your private life.
- Don’t forget about the VeePN. It is aimed at hiding your IP address, which will help to stay unseen to the search engines for longer.
- Use relevant search engines. If you’re used to Google, you may want to change your choice and opt for other search engines. There are lots of useful and less privacy-focusing engines online.
There are different ways you can reduce the use of your private data online. These are the proven ways to make the use of your data less frequent online. But if you still need to delete the account, we suggest you the guide. It will give you the necessary tips to delete the pages easily.
Ways to delete yourself from online resources
The internet is such a wide space. You must be using it for years, having tons of different accounts online. Do you think you can delete everything so easily? The answer is no. But you still have the chance to erase the info from the web following the right steps. Let’s separate this process into pieces to make it less complicated.
Start with your social media accounts
The use of social media is a common way to spend time online. You may have lots of profiles online on different platforms. And there’s no such a button to get rid of your info fast. When you register on a particular website, you share personal data. Do you know how many people have access to this data? You can track these metrics because anyone can reach the info about you online.
Sharing your info in different profiles can lead to data scraping. Other users will take the data from your page, collect it and share it with other companies for money. You can get rid of your current profile. But do you know how many old pages you have?
What profiles do you need to delete? There are so many social media platforms, and you should consider the following websites first:
- Facebook. This is a well-known platform for collecting data from users. If you don’t want to continue sharing your data with the app, you should find the guide and get rid of your account.
- We all use Instagram these days. You must have an account here, too. Some people dispose of several profiles. To delete the page, you need to follow several steps. They are easy, and you will find them in the settings.
- Don’t forget about Twitter and Telegram. You share your thoughts with others and send messages to the users.
- You should also consider LinkedIn and Snapchat. If you have profiles on these platforms, you should stop sharing info here.
You may have accounts on other websites. These are just the most famous online websites for people all over the world. And if you want to stop your online journey, you should consider these apps first.
Think about shopping and dating platforms
If you were an active online user, you must have had lots of additional pages on dating websites or shopping platforms. It is a great risk if you leave the info on the website. You share not only your name and birthdate but also your credit card info and your location.
Think about deleting Skype and Tinder accounts. They collect so many personal facts about the users. You should also go for the Dropbox account and Amazon profile. In many cases, getting rid of your Uber account is also useful.
Check random websites
We have already managed the easiest part of the process. You know what platforms you use the most, so there’s no problem here. But you’ve been registered on other websites, too. So many other platforms host your info, and you should get rid of it. What to start with? First of all, you should make up a list of web pages you’ve engaged in quite often. Try to remember as much as possible. And now it’s time to do the job.
- You may own a page. If you have ever registered a domain, you should delete it first. You must have used your email, so it is better to check such websites and get rid of them.
- Don’t forget about the forums. If you were interested in different topical forums, you must have left tons of messages there. If you go to those pages and delete your account, you may also delete the messaging history. You can go for deleting the posts on your own if you mind the information a lot.
- You may forget about so many things. And browsing the engines will help you eradicate the info from the history. Type in your number or email address or any other personal data in the search line, and you will see other websites sharing your data. Go ahead and delete it.
You will need to fight with Google to scrape the data from all the online resources. The system has a well-developed structure aimed at collecting data from the users. So, you must be highly involved in the process to see the results of your work.
The process of deleting your data from the web will take time. But everything is easier with a clear guide. In this article, you must find useful tips and working tricks for deleting the info from different websites and servers. If your goal is to delete everything about you from the internet, our tips will help you a lot.