Kik account deletion procedure: how to delete it foreverPosted on 21st July 2021
On the internet, there are so many risks for small children. Since kids start searching through the web quite early, there must be real working ways to protect them from unwanted files and websites. What platforms do young people use the most? Kik is a well-known platform for sharing messages and online communication. But does it have any risks for young people? Let’s figure it out together.
Kik platform: what’s behind the messaging platform?
Before we start giving you the necessary tips, we should learn more about the platform. This is a free messenger. You can download it to your phone using either the iOS or Android system. This is a regular platform, and it doesn’t have anything specific about its use. But it is an extremely popular thing among teens.
When registering on the website, you don’t need many facts. Your name, email, and date of birth would be enough. There are several characteristic things about the platform:
- The first thing is the messaging history. It is deleted after some time by the system itself.
- The second privacy thing is IP logging which isn’t always great for online users.
- And the last issue relates to the inefficient end-to-end encryption system.
These are some of the examples of Kik messaging platforms. Want to learn more insights about the system and reasons to be concerned about it? Let’s broaden your outlook and give more details about the messenger.
Kik specification: why you should restrict the use of the platform
We will tell you how to delete the account. But first, you should learn the necessity of such a cruel action. Here are more reasons to get concerned about the app:
- First off, let’s talk about the threats. The exploitation of the child online is a huge problem. This is a common issue for any online app. But since the accounts on the messenger are quite anonymous, it is hard to track who may threaten your kid.
- Privacy is a huge issue, too. We have already discussed the issue of end-to-end encryption. Now it’s time to give it another try. Well, in short, when the app lacks this kind of encryption, anyone can read your message, share it or send it to another user. What’s more, the managers can easily track the location with the help of an IP address. This is a perfect thing for cybercriminals but is dangerous for your children.
- The consequence is that parents can’t control the app. You don’t need much info to log in. If you enter the wrong birthdate, the app will automatically accept your request and create the account.
- Can you verify users online? Well, this is another problem. When creating an account, you can fill in any data you want. It mustn’t be your valid address. You can insert anything that fits the rules. This way, you can’t track and identify other users if you need to check their accounts. This is a real struggle because it gives rise to cyberbullying and a lack of transparency.
As you can see, you should be very careful when using the app. There are lots of threats for adults. And the risks for kids are even higher. These are the reasons why deleting the account on Kik is a nice idea. It will help you protect the privacy of your kid and eliminate cyberbullying.
Time to delete the account permanently
Deleting the account isn’t complicated for an adult. You should follow several necessary rules to make it correct. But before you start deleting the page, let’s give you some tips. You should first explain to the kid why using Kik is dangerous. Only after explaining the threats, you may go ahead and delete the account. Otherwise, you will break the personal boundaries of your child.
- When you open the app, you go to the settings and find the necessary button. It will let you delete the account without any problems or delays. You should insert the credentials. Then the system will ask you to explain the reason to leave the platform.
- When you’re done with the previous steps, you should click the relevant GO button and move on.
- The next step is to open the mailbox and read the letter from the app. Here you will see the next button to deactivate the account.
What does it mean for your child? He won’t be able to open the account or reach the messages sent to other users. But it also means that no other user will reach the profile or make use of the personal info. This is an easy way to get rid of the risky app.
The use of such platforms is questionable. They are meant for children. And by deleting the account, you can save them from hacking attacks. One more way is the use of the VeePN VPN. It must help you protect personal data and location info from the web by changing the IP address. But if you still struggle with the app, find time to delete the account easily.