How to Delete an Amazon Account?Posted on 15th March 2021
Reading the title of this article, you may find yourself wondering: Why should I want to delete my account from the biggest online shopping platform worldwide? Yes, it feels almost indispensable. However, there are many new ways to buy stuff online, and it is one of the most common reasons people prefer to distance themselves from this online retailer. Some of them decide to support local sellers, while others consider this platform to be excessive and even dangerous in terms of cybersecurity.
What you should know is that it is not so easy to delete your Amazon account. This company makes it infuriatingly challenging. The good news is that it is still possible, even though you need some time and effort. Follow our instructions to succeed.
Why May You Want to Delete Your Amazon Account?
First of all, it is necessary to decide why exactly you want to delete this account. There may be several reasons, so choose the one or more that suit you best:
- You want to clear up your order history. Deleting your Amazon account is the shortest path to get rid of your order history at this platform.
- You don’t like some policies. It is a no-brainer that Amazon is one of the biggest retailers, and this fact makes it responsible for employees and partners. That’s why it is sometimes challenging to define what works well for all parties.
- You would like to control your spending. With the opportunities that Amazon offers on a daily basis, it is so easy to overspend. Besides, stopping purchasing things you don’t really need is a new trend of recent years.
- You’re not satisfied with the Amazon Prime pricing policy. Prime is really expensive, and there are many users that are not satisfied with this fact.
- You spend too much time keeping track of. Since Amazon offers various services and opportunities, it is almost impossible to manage all of them.
- You take care of cybersecurity issues. It is not a secret that such platforms as Amazon gather their users’ data for some marketing and other purposes. If you don’t want your real name, address, payment info to be compromised, you can consider deleting your account from these websites. There is also an option to install a reliable VPN application like VeePN that will protect your connection while you’re active online.
Delete Your Amazon Account In Few Steps
- Click on the Close Your Amazon Account link;
- Sign in the account (if you have several accounts, sign in the one you’re going to close);
- Read the message from the company carefully and check the list of products or services that won’t be available for your account from this moment;
- Scroll down and choose the reason to explain your decision. There is a drop-down section with several of the most common options;
- Tick the box with the words “Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon Account and delete my data.”;
- Tap the Close My Account Button;
- Check your email box since Amazon will send you a confirmation letter;
- Tap the button Confirm Account Closure. That’s it.